Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

NWR: Friends with Businesses

So my MOH's boyfriend owns a bar, and the bar had their 1yr anniversary party last week. We made an appearance but left pretty quickly because it's not quite our scene. Well, I forgot to close my tab and left my credit card there.

I messaged MOH's boyfriend to see if he had it or if they shred them, and he said he saw my name and held onto the card to give back to me.

It has been a couple of days now, and I still haven't seen my drink charged to my card.

The question: do I say something, just give him the money, or ignore it and leave an extra good tip next time?

Typically when we go to the bar we pay for all of our drinks, and he'll throw in a round of shotbombs or something. We don't take advantage of him owning it - it's how he makes his living, why would we try to get free stuff from him.

image 209 Invited
image 151 Yes
image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

Re: NWR: Friends with Businesses

• Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Hi from a fellow Wisconsinite!

Since bar owners "comping" drinks is pretty common in our state, I wouldn't worry about it.

Go in next time, thank him again personally for his courtesy of holding your card, and leave a generous tip for your bartender/server.

DH & I do this for the pub/grill we frequent that receive tons of comps at. We don't go there for free drinks/food, but the owner does it as a way to thank us for our frequent business.
  • Options
    I just wouldn't say anything and leave a really nice tip the next time you go.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_nwr-friends-with-businesses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0c1e0729-c63f-4629-ad08-ed4e5db6a6f0Post:ca99d71f-e472-4537-bc82-96ab487ab7ef">NWR: Friends with Businesses</a>:
    [QUOTE]So my MOH's boyfriend owns a bar, and the bar had their 1yr anniversary party last week. We made an appearance but left pretty quickly because it's not quite our scene. Well, I forgot to close my tab and left my credit card there. I messaged MOH's boyfriend to see if he had it or if they shred them, and he said he saw my name and held onto the card to give back to me. It has been a couple of days now, and I still haven't seen my drink charged to my card. The question: do I say something, just give him the money, or ignore it and leave an extra good tip next time? Typically when we go to the bar we pay for all of our drinks, and he'll throw in a round of shotbombs or something. We don't take advantage of him owning it - it's how he makes his living, why would we try to get free stuff from him.
    Posted by hardlyhannah[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>As a bartender - if you left your card and came back for it, depending on who you were/how you treated me the night before was the determining factor in what I ask you to pay. Sometimes when you leave your card your tab gets seperated and I just can't find it, so tough titties to me. Sometimes, if I know who you are and you only had a drink or two - I'll absolutely let it go with the (small) hopes of a nice tip.</div><div>
    </div><div>So don't say anything, just leave a nice tip :)</div>
    my blog - for the love of ein
    'Next time, just fart.' - BriSox81
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards