Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

TGIF!

Morning everyone!

The red sox game was a lot of fun.  We had perfect weather last night for a game.  Today, I'm off to running of the brides around noon (just to try different styles, I think its too soon to buya) but I'll try to report back with pictures at some point!

hope everyone has a good friday and a great weekend!

Re: TGIF!

• Options
    edited December 2011

Good morning everyone!

Last night I had my first real and fake wedding nightmare!

I had a dream that, all of a sudden, it was my wedding day and I had forgotten to get a marriage license. Our JOP said she'd "fake it" but for some reason she was also in charge of our flowers and my BM's hair. We had no flowers and she took their wet pony tails and put them in buns with hair nets around them.

Haha, where did my brain come up with hairnets?! Maybe because it's almost back to school time!

Real nightmare- Geno, my puppy, ate my wedding shoes. I bought them yesterday! It could have been worse. I didn't spend that much on them but they were perfect- a nine west, beautiful heel and bright pink to match my flowers. BUMMER!

Anyway, hope you all have a great weekend!

MD- Good luck at running of the brides! That sounds fun!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ash2985Ash2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning!  I'm not feeling like working today, plus FI is off today, so that makes it even harder (I work from home some days, so we're both here today).  We're going out for dinner and a movie tonight, since school starts on Monday and this is probably the last non-homework-filled Friday I'll have until at least December (when I'll be running around trying to get all the wedding things done, ugh).  

MD:  Good luck at running of the brides!  I don't think I'd be able to do it, I can't even shop at TJ Maxx because I get overwhelmed.
    MM:  Sorry about your shoes :o(  My pup only ever ate one pair of my shoes when he was little-- my favorite pair of Birkenstocks that were around 10 years old.  Maybe he was trying to tell you something about your shoes!  What kind of dog is he?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning All,

Last night we got my boss' puppy for the weekend. She's so cute, although she was up a lot in the night... not sure why. Hopefully tonight is better. I'm grabbing a late lunch with a co-worker so that'll be nice. My boss heads out around 11, so I'm hoping to sneak out a little early.

MD- Have fun at the running of the brides! Report back!

MM- yikes on the wedding dreams! the hairnet is the best part though!

Ash- What movie are you going to see?
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning! I'm a little sad today, my cat at home who we've had for 13 years is getting put to sleep today. He hasn't eaten a thing in a week and the vet said it's the best thing to do...He's really old, so we knew it was coming sooner or later, I just wish that it was a natural death..  DF didn't know what to do last night when I was upset. He just doesn't get it with pets! Other than that I think I'm going to go home a little later and working there for the afternoon. Tomorrow I am laying out all day and at night DF and I are going to Brew at the Zoo. Sunday is my shower, which I am anxious but excited for!

Marci- GL at Running of the Brides- If you love something I say go for it!
    McKenzie-I can't even begin to tell you how many WEIRD dreams like that I have had! They are so real!
    Ashley- I can never work from home when DF is there. Have fun at dinner!
    Jamie- Hope you can sneak out early!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ash- At first the vet thought he was a German Shepherd and Hound mix... but as he's grown up they think he's a Malinois which is basically a shepherd but from Belgian.

He's a little stinker though... that's for sure!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning! I really didn't do much last night. I got home from work and worked out again - it feels good to get back into it! Then I just played around on photoshop with invite ideas! I watched Project Runway and Jersey Shore (a guilty pleasure) and went to bed. I have a doctors apt today at 2:40 then I'm heading right home to pack up and wait for FI to get there! As soon as he gets in we're leaving for Pittsburgh! yay! I can't wait!! Hope everyone has a happy friday!

md - Good luck with the running of the brides! Def report back with pics!

mm - bummer about the shoes! I'd kill my puppy if she ate my shoes! lol... At least you just got them so you know they'll still be there to pick up a 'new' pair!

Ash - I hear you about the homework thing! I start next monday and I'm NOT looking forward to it! lol... I'll be taking 3 courses this semester (+ working full time) which is a lot for me so crossing my fingers that I make it through alive!

Jamie - yay for getting your boss' puppy again!! I hope she has a better night tonight!! Yay for sneaking out early!! :)

Trisha - I'm so sorry to hear about your cat! Even though you knew it was coming it's still super hard, they're like family! And YAY for your shower! Take tons of pics!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Good Morning, and TGIF! We have a busy weekend coming up. DH is playing cards tonight, so I'm thankful for some "me" time. It'll be relaxing, though I always find something to do. Tom. our apt. complex is having a picnic/fun day with food, DJs, contests, and bingo around the complex- I love playing bingo! Then we're going to our church's picnic. Sunday will be church, then we're meeting friends for dinner at a restaurant in Alexandria, since Alexandria's restaurant week is beginning. Have a wonderful weekend, ladies!

Marci- GL with the running of the brides!!

m- That's an interesting wedding nightmare, esp. the part about the BMs' hair! I'm sorry to hear about your shoes though. :-( Can you order another pair, or are they discontinued or something?

Ash- Enjoy your dinner and movie- sounds like the perfect night! What are you going to see?

Jamie- Hope the pup settles down tonight!

Trisha- I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. Sending you some comforting vibes... I hope you have a wonderful time at your shower on Sun.!

G- Have a great weekend in Pgh!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OhTrisha, I'm so sorry!! I know that is such a hard thing!!! Many positive vibes are heading your way!!!

GMC- I haven't watched Project Runway yet. Was it good?

Kim- Where are you going in Alexandria? My coworker and I are going to Red Rocks today, a new pizza place that opened on King Street. There's one in the city that I've been to... pretty good!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    J - It was really good! Some really creative things were made! I loved some of the hats too ;)

Kim - wow - you have a packed weekend! How fun that your apartment complex does that!! Enjoy!
  • Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the vibes everyone.

Gianna- Have fun at home!
    Kim- i love when DF isn't home and I get Me time! Enjoy!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ash2985Ash2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Going to see Inception-- I know it's been out forever but this is the first time since it's been out that FI is home and we have a chance to go see a movie.

We're also going to Stone Pepper Grille in Cranberry to see if FI likes it enough to have the RD there, and I've never been there for dinner.  I'm pretty excited!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jamie- We're going to Fireflies... it's near Braddock Road metro. It was one of the only places that wasn't so restrictive with their menu. DH is a picky eater (though getting better!). They have pizza, so we're good. :-) I will keep that pizza place in mind! Anytime we get pizza we order Dominos, since I always have a coupon and it's right down the street from us. I'd like to try something new.

Ash- Enjoy- seems like it's a good movie from the reviews I've seen.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ash- We have been trying to go to see Inception since it came out and always fail! I saw the theater by our house is showing it again this week, so hopefully we can see it soon.

Kim- I haven't heard of Fireflies, report back! There is also a Pizza Paradiso opening in Old Town... so there'll be 2 new pizza places!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Happy Friday!!  Between job searching, interviews and getting ready for a skating test, I've been pretty busy.  I had an interview Wednesday with Youngstown City Schools (in OH) that I think went pretty well.   Hopefully, I hear something soon. This afternoon, I have skating practice with my ice dance partner to get ready for testing on Sunday.  Right now I have to go make icing for my margarita cupcakes.

Sounds like everybody has fun weekends planned.  Hope everyone has a great time!
    Trisha--I'm sorry to hear about your cat.  I hated it when we put our dog down, but I knew it was for the best. 
    My Bio
    Derp Engagement Photo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amanda- mmm, those cupcakes sound delicious! GL with your skating test on Sun. I didn't realize you are a ice skater- very cool!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards