Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Clarification on tattoo post

I feel like I need to clarify a couple things since that post obviously touched a few raw nerves. 

1. I have NO problem with my BM's tattoos, or tattoos in general. I love the girls exactly theway they are. I'm also a hippie, radical/liberal feminist that believes that no part of a woman's body, or what she does with it, should ever be up for public discussion. 

2. I refused from the beginning to ask them to cover anything, despite my mother thinking they should do so. 

3. My mother is particularly fixated on one particular bridesmaid, who is her daughter/my sister - admittedly, she has objectively made a few very bad choices recently, and in my mother's opinion, recently getting and very large tattoo is one of those bad choices. 

4. At no point was my question really whether or not we should ask them to cover anything (although in hindsight it seemed that way)- I was asking on behalf of my mother whether or not my mother was justified in believing they should. 

5. I told her to knock it off and let it go, but she wanted an outside opinion. That was the ONLY REASON for my original post. So she could see it wasn't just me who felt that she needed to stay out of this. 

OK?!

Foot in mouth

Edited (again!) for clarity.

Re: Clarification on tattoo post

• Options
    Hey, no stress! You did the right thing, and anyone who replies without taking the time to read it looks a little foolish.

Everyone around here is on high-stress today, I'll apologize for everyone. 
    my blog - for the love of ein
    'Next time, just fart.' - BriSox81
  • Options
    I thought you were pretty clear in the original post.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_clarification-on-tattoo-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2c6e8d4a-3f8b-4540-94a7-e8aea651fe13Post:56450ca9-0582-454e-a3a8-ce67c9465b63">Re: Clarification on tattoo post</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought you were pretty clear in the original post.
    Posted by bunni727[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks, Bunni - I think others misunderstood me. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_clarification-on-tattoo-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2c6e8d4a-3f8b-4540-94a7-e8aea651fe13Post:21c7f7fe-2351-41ba-8c33-d93cb3e2f3ec">Re: Clarification on tattoo post</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey, no stress! You did the right thing, and anyone who replies without taking the time to read it looks a little foolish. Everyone around here is on high-stress today, I'll apologize for everyone. 
    Posted by kmbryant2413[/QUOTE]

<div>Hey - no need to apologize!  I just didn't want to be misinterpreted at all. </div>
  • Options
    Yeah, I got that the first time too.  Hence why I said your mother was wrong, not you.  No worries.  :-)
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Thanks, girls. I'm also happy to report that's she's already moved on to the next "throwing tradition out the window" aspect of our wedding, which is that neither a pastor nor priest is marrying us. 

The knot really needs this emoticon. 

• Options
    OjitosVerdesOjitosVerdes member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited April 2013
    @Stage - this was in response to a couple comments along the lines of: 

"Why is this a problem now? If you didn't want tattoed bridesmaids why did you ask them", and 

"Tattoos are who we are. Just accept it" 

Facepalm.  Yes, I know. But I apparently wasn't clear enough. 

ETS - If I'm being defensive, then my bad. Just wanted to make sure I didn't give the impression that I'm a psycho micromanager! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards