Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Tacky with a capital T

So a while back I posted about a wedding for friends of dh's friends that were having an at home wedding without providing seating for 80% of their guest, so already not a great start to things.  Then I got an invite to their engagement party, with registry inserts.  

Today I received their invitation addressed to Mr. & Mrs. whatever...ok I get it, I know the rules, sweet b is not invited.....open invite.....in letters larger than any other font on the invite is ADULT ONLY RECEPTION TO FOLLOW!

Also included with the invite, 3 registry inserts.  Seriously??? 

So now DH thinks I am nuts for being irritated with this.  He doesn't see ./ understand why it is rude...I know there is nothing to do, I just really needed to let in out...Happy Saturday all!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tacky with a capital T

• Options
    Technically their parents were the ones hosting the engagement party, I really do not want to go, but obviously it's up to Dh as they are his friends not mine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yeah I wouldn't go either unless it was a family member and it would cause major waves for us to not show up.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    Meh, maybe there will be free booze? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Tacky with a capital T:[QUOTE]Meh, maybe there will be free booze?nbsp; Posted by emeejeeayen[/QUOTE]
    Bright side!
  • Options
    Some guys honestly don't get etiquette and they don't understand why it's a big deal.

They're also ones who think that appliances that you *need* are thoughtful gifts vs ones you may want.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards