Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

When To Send Invitations

So, my wedding is June 1st, and the RSVP is May 18th. 

I thought I should send them this week (they are ready), but my mom is saying to wait at LEAST another two weeks. Why? They're ready to go and not obscenely early (or are they?). 

WWED?

ETA: Actually her point is "What about the people we didn't invite to the shower? They will feel sad to get the invitation to the wedding but not the shower." 

I do not understand that logic, and we invited like EVERYONE because she was in charge of the guest list. So, all three people that weren't invited to the shower, basically is her point.

Re: When To Send Invitations

• Options
    6-8 weeks it standard. So this week is fine.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_when-to-send-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3de15908-9619-43f6-be47-c57852a8e4eaPost:0435f8ea-be7d-4a77-ac3f-7007ea3f98a0">When To Send Invitations</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, my wedding is June 1st, and the RSVP is May 18th.  I thought I should send them this week (they are ready), but my mom is saying to wait at LEAST another two weeks. Why? They're ready to go and not obscenely early (or are they?).  WWED? ETA: Actually her point is "What about the people we didn't invite to the shower? They will feel sad to get the invitation to the wedding but not the shower."  I do not understand that logic, and we invited like EVERYONE because she was in charge of the guest list. So, all three people that weren't invited to the shower, basically is her point.
    Posted by Domino04[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I'd send them out now.  I prefer the 8 week timeline.

</div>
  • Options
    Do it! Yay! So exciting!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I mean, yeah, right? She is really giving me a hard time about it, like it's this HUGE mistake. What's the differnce of one week, really, though?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_when-to-send-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3de15908-9619-43f6-be47-c57852a8e4eaPost:46bd1d1e-9bdd-4074-a099-d8afc62449ee">Re: When To Send Invitations</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't understand your mom's logic. Eventually, those people will realize they aren't invited to the shower.  The timing of the wedding invitation won't change that fact at all. 
    Posted by KindaSparkly[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>There is very little about ANY of my mom's logic that I understand. I posted a few days ago about her wanting me to read a list of all the stuff I got before the shower, and my grandma wants me to take already opened gifts there. Um, no. I already sent the thank you.

</div>
  • Options
    Send the invites now!  It's your day, not your mom's!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Omg, my BFF is also getting married June 1st! I got her invite last week and RSVPs are due this Friday. I don't really know why she needs them so early, though.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My wedding is also June 1st and our RSVP date is April 29th.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_when-to-send-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3de15908-9619-43f6-be47-c57852a8e4eaPost:44bba640-5e76-4941-81f8-432e7080008d">Re: When To Send Invitations</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding is also June 1st and our RSVP date is April 29th.
    Posted by OwningAHome1981[/QUOTE]

Well, that's a little absurd. I hope you don't have a lot of no-shows who said they'd come. Because that's exactly what happens when you have an RSVP that early.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_when-to-send-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3de15908-9619-43f6-be47-c57852a8e4eaPost:4896ef1e-032f-4e5d-9ceb-f6659d0e3a06">Re: When To Send Invitations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Omg, my BFF is also getting married June 1st! I got her invite last week and RSVPs are due this Friday. I don't really know why she needs them so early, though.
    Posted by spArklEkittEn92[/QUOTE]

My guess is she has a B-List.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards