Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Accident on Route 51

I'm sure we all have heard about the accident on Route 51 in Pleasant Hills on Friday evening.  My support goes out to the bride-to-be and her family.  PennDot should be in extreme trouble for what has happened.  If anyone has any thoughts please feel free to share them..... 

Re: Accident on Route 51

• Options
    nicki426nicki426 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live by 51 and Pleasant Hills, I didn'tt hear anything. What happened?
    http://www.weddingwire.com/kevinnicki Wedding Countdown Ticker image 108 Invited! image 85 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out image 05 Are MIA
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow.  So incredibly sad.  Accidents that bad really shake me up.  I hope recovery goes well and that the wedding is easily postponed with ZERO hassle from any of their vendors.

That's near-ish to my new job and my reception hall.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    bidge24bidge24 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    my sister was actually supposed to attend that wedding today...they got a message saying that the wedding was cancelled and thought it was a joke.   i cant even imagine something like that happening. thoughts and prayers go out to their family.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the link- I'm out of the loop on Pgh news, so I had no idea what happened. That is awful though- many thoughts and prayers for the bride, groom, and their families. I hope those injured recover fully and quickly, and that they still get their perfect big day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh dear, I hope everyone is okay.
  • Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually went to high school with the bride's sister, we cheered together.. they are remaining hopeful, but I don't know the exact extent of how her mom is, I know she had a major surgery.Praying for a full recovery of her mom.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, how awful.  That was the SIXTH accident in that construction zone in the past week according to that article!  Jeez.  Many prayers and vibes to the injured parties.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't even imagine.  We should gather all our knottie vibes and prayers together to send this family's way!
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Omg... I too am out of the loop w/ pgh news... What a terrible story!  Many thoughts, prayers, and vibes to the brides mother and everyone involved in the accident! I hope they make a speedy recovery and have no troubles with the postponement of the wedding. What an absolute nightmare that they had to witness such a terrible accident involving their family! I can't even imagine...
  • Options
    reannalynnereannalynne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure who my dad talked to, but he grew up with the bride's mother and said she was still in critical condition as of yesterday afternoon. :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ashleyandcjashleyandcj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The brides mother, Brenda, is still in critical condition.  My sisters knows the bride.  She said her mother has already had one brain surgery and is still in need of more.  All of her ribs are broken, she has collasped lung, severed liver and spleen, broken wrist, and a few other things.  Its honestly one of the most upsetting things I have heard....  I really wish there was something I could do to help the situation. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    When I saw this on the news Friday night, my heart just sank. So awful. Well they need to charge that driver of the pickup--he was apparently going well over the posted construction zone speed limiit and from what one of the newscasts said, was likely flying up that lane to jockey for a better merge point instead of merging back where everyone else is. I'm sure we've all had experiences with those kinds of people.  People who can't bear to let 5 cars be ahead of them.  I'm sure the driver of the car that waved them through feels awful too.  He or she probably never thought to check his/her side mirror for any speeding vehicles coming up that lane.  Hopefully PennDot will move the merge point back farther now. 

My thoughts and prayers are definitely with these people. They showed their car and it's just demolished.  Frown
    Crosswalk
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards