Wedding Etiquette Forum

Bridesmaids gifts

Hi all,

I know a few of my bridesmaids would really appreciate a gift certificate to a local spa.  Is the gift card idea tacky?  I have been reading the reviews for a couple of spas around their area (they are located all over the country) to make sure they are legit.

Secondly, the services obviously all cost differently.  I'd like these gifts to stay under $50, because I also have other gifts for them.  For example, one manicure at one spa in MD costs $45, while another manicure might cost $60.

So, my questions are; 
* is a gift card ok if I know they would appreciate the spa idea;
*  is it OK to get the giftcard for the price of a service (i.e, a facial/a manicure/a pedicure)?  Or should I really stick to my budget and only get $50 giftcards?  My thought is that it would be tacky to get someone a $50 spa gift certificate when everything at this spa is $60 and above.  

Sorry for the wordiness.  TGIF!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridesmaids gifts

• I am a spa fan, so I'm biased, but I love this idea!!!
    If you can swing enough for a service, like mani-pedi, I'd do that, so that in the card you can say so. BUT if not, stick to your budget and they'll be psyched to have $50 to put toward a treatment.
  • efmcc67efmcc67 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited March 2013
    Gift cards are fine! The big thing is to make sure that the gifts are personal and something your attendants will like, and it sounds like you've got that covered. In this case, I think you'd be better getting them both $50, even if it's not quite enough to cover a whole treatment. Getting a mani/pedi for only $10 is still a pretty great deal!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• and ask the Spa whether they'll give u a discount on the service if you buy multiples - if you buy six mani-pedis, maybe they'll discount them and make the gift card specifically for that service....
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bridesmaids-gifts-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:824b62fc-a01c-4a0c-adab-7f61a189742ePost:9d0bd7f1-90a9-40f9-9666-a72a2102716e">Re: Bridesmaids gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]and ask the Spa whether they'll give u a discount on the service if you buy multiples - if you buy six mani-pedis, maybe they'll discount them and make the gift card specifically for that service....
    Posted by TheBaysideBride[/QUOTE]

<div>Good call!!  Thank you!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think it's a great idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards