Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

tipping dress vendor?

i am currently in the process of getting my final fitting, my dad is here, and feels the seamstress should be tipped, but I dont know anyone who has....thoughts?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: tipping dress vendor?

• Options
    I didn't tip  my seamstress.
  • Options
    I also didn't tip.  I suppose if you think she's fabulous it wouldn't hurt.  You never know, the shop may not allow it.
  • Options
    I'd only tip if she did something fabulous for you and didn't charge you a ridiculous amount.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I would consider tipping my seamstress, except she's the owner of the bridal salon AND she's charging me $500 for my alterations.
    So no. I'm not tipping her, even though she'll do an astounding job.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I didn't tip, never thought about it.  I only need a bustle so it was not hard work.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    never heard of it.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    I did not tip the dress vendor, nor have I ever heard of doing so.
  • Options
    I saw other brides tip their seamstress at my salon, but I didn't. The outrageous amount of money I paid for the alterations, I didn't think the tip was necessary. I would only do it for someone who went above & beyond, pulled off the impossible, etc. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards