Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Venue/date change after STDs were sent! Help!!!

I need some advice on this...
We were thrilled with our venue and as planning go underway a lot of issues began to come up with additional fees and costs and things that we were told we could do, and now we are being told we can't. We found another venue, but we already sent the save the dates out for our original date and venue and we will have to change the date and we have to cut our guest list down by 1/3 nearly 100guests! I am freaking out worried about hurting people!!! What do we do?!!!

Re: Venue/date change after STDs were sent! Help!!!

• Options
    You didn't find a new venue. That new venue doesn't accommodate all of your guests, so you can't use it. How soon is your wedding? Will people have already bought plane tickets? What are these things you now can't do? I'd seriously reconsider this, as it is very inconsiderate of your guests.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_venuedate-change-after-stds-were-sent-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d17acce1-d38d-48bf-b404-004a3fca032ePost:a836c980-5918-4fb9-9487-199e162cb755">Venue/date change after STDs were sent! Help!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I need some advice on this... We were thrilled with our venue and as planning go underway a lot of issues began to come up with additional fees and costs and things that we were told we could do, and now we are being told we can't. We found another venue, but we already sent the save the dates out for our original date and venue and we will have to change the date and we have to cut our guest list down by 1/3 nearly 100guests! I am freaking out worried about hurting people!!! What do we do?!!!
    Posted by Kkern03[/QUOTE]

<div>If you want to cut the guest list, you must cancel the wedding for all guests and re-plan a later one.</div><div>
    </div><div>However, please try to find a venue that can accommodate all of your guests.</div>
  • Options
    Another reason why STDs are a bad idea for a lot of couples.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_venuedate-change-after-stds-were-sent-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d17acce1-d38d-48bf-b404-004a3fca032ePost:7425bc84-ba65-4652-a35f-242c4ea45bfe">Re:Venue/date change after STDs were sent! Help!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Venue/date change after STDs were sent! Help!!!: But, if we don't send out STDs, what other useless "wedding" thing shall we spend our money on?!?
    Posted by EllaYoung[/QUOTE]

<div>LOL</div><div>
    </div><div>For the record, I did have STDs.  It was an OOT wedding for 100% of the guest list.  However we did not sent out STD to everyone.  We didn't send them out to co-workers and a few other friends we were not 100% sure they would be invited.   Some we did, others we didn't.  Not even for budget reasons, our relationships changed.   </div><div>
    </div><div>We also didn't have a 300 person guest list.</div>

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    You must invite everyone you sent a STD to.  Plain and simple.

Find another venue that can fit everyone you sent an STD to.

Don't send out corrections to your STDs until you are 1000000% booked, locked into a venue that can accomodate EVERY PERSON you already sent an STD to.
    Where there is love, there is life.-Ghandi
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards