Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Monogram ettiquite??

We registered for monogrammed bar wear and serving platters, when I did the registry I googled ettiquite to see how the initials should be placed and everything I read said hers, last, his. The company's saying barwear should be his, last, hers, I I can't find any ettiquite online that says his name is ever first, which way is it supposed to be for bar wear???

Re: Monogram ettiquite??

• Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    Does it really matter? Is anyone going to scrutinize your wine glasses when you have them over for dinner? Do it the way you like it.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    It doesn't matter per say. But now FI and I are now arguing about changing the monograms on the bar glasses. But I can't find anywhere online that matches their logic of of his name first for barwear, so I was just wondering what etttiquite called for?
  • Options
    zizibetzizibet member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited April 2013
    The reason you're seeing that is traditionally, linens and flatware were hers last hi, or especially traditional,herslast ,but bar ware was hislasthers.
        This is because the woman was assumed to bring the linens to the marraige, and the barware, etc. was gotten after.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Last I heard was that you shouldn't separate his initials, so it would be his last hers. IMHO, tho, it's whatever you want.
  • Options
    I don't think it matters at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards