Wedding Etiquette Forum

Re: TOS updated!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tos-updated?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f1b5f9b4-bf4b-4960-ac06-8c813f2fde2dPost:59f431e8-cc6d-49bf-b5eb-b8a90f1a856c">Re: TOS updated!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to TOS updated! : Personal attacks include, but are not limited to: starting a thread with a user’s name as the topic/title to “bash” them, linking to a thread to call out a user on their post , thoughts or beliefs (not a topic), calling a username out maliciously, starting a malicious or derogatory poll/question about a user, using images (memes, gifs, etc.) in a direct attack/vicious manner, etc. This means no more links to the original thread in FFF, correct (which I am fine with). However, this can be a problem in my hypothetical scenario below. Let's say a bride posts a question on WP about a no-no, doesn't like the answers there and posts again here on E. In the responses, there is someone who has seen the original WP post. OP doesn't like the responses she gets here either, and starts backpeddling, " "I never told my BMs they had to do xyz frowned upon thing!". The new TOS mean I couldn't respond "yes you did" with a link to the WP thread, and frankly, I think that is a little silly. People are going to get called out on bad ideas, that is the point of asking for advice. If we can't link to any bad idea threads there won't be context for a lot of the multiple board posts. I think there is a difference between calling something out because it is rude and calling something out to be malicious, and linking a previous thread is not usually malicious. IN fact, with the exeception of linking in FFF threads, it is almost never malicious, and rather an attempt to get everyone commenting up to speed on the OP's situation.
    Posted by Liatris2010[/QUOTE]

We don't want posts like "hey [member] I flame you because you said this" (or something). You can flame an idea like "I flame [ideas] like this because of abc" with a link. Just not people for their thoughts or opinions. That is an attack on a person/petty.
  • Options
    So FFF as it has existed for the past two weeks.  Got it.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tos-updated?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f1b5f9b4-bf4b-4960-ac06-8c813f2fde2dPost:e36b3dd4-e148-430b-83fd-72ba9c871803">Re: TOS updated!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So FFF as it has existed for the past two weeks.  Got it.
    Posted by Peledreamsofrain[/QUOTE]

Yup!

Also -- if you guys (and any other boards) could continue the convo in the chit chat board so I can get all my feedback in one spot - that would be AWESOME!

Thanks,
    Jackie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards