Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

moh gift

I am only having one bridesmaid and she is my maid of honor and best friend. It is a very small destination wedding. For her gift I got her a smaller coach purse and lots of Philosophy products to put in the purse. I just feel like its not enough. She is paying for a plane ticket and hotel room to come to my wedding. Im not having a shower or bachelorette party(I declined both cause shes already spending so much). So should I get her something else, any suggestions?

Re: moh gift

• Options
    freebread03freebread03 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited April 2013
    If it's products she'd like (and Philosophy is awesome), I really think you are good to go.  You could get a nice picture frame to put a wedding picture in if you really want.  Or you could pay for brunch one day while at the wedding (just make sure she knows it's covered on her room tab).  
  • Options
    I think you're fine if you add a heartfelt note. If you really want to go above and beyond, maybe get your nails or massages together before the wedding and treat her if that's her thing, or a bottle of wine in her room, etc. 
  • Options
    I think that sounds like a lovely gift.  Could I just suggest, though, that you consider giving her the Philosophy products not at the wedding if they are larger than 3 oz and she is the type to try to avoid checking bags?  Having to pay the airline's checked bag fee to get your gift home is always a little deflating.
  • Options
    I only had a MOH.  I got her a tiffany bracelet for $200.  I have no clue how much coach purses cost, or the beauty products.  If it's around the same price, I say you're good to go.  
  • Options
    In Response to Re: moh gift:
    [QUOTE]I only had a MOH.  I got her a tiffany bracelet for $200.  I have no clue how much coach purses cost, or the beauty products.  If it's around the same price, I say you're good to go.  
    Posted by MrsGandthebeag[/QUOTE]

Why is $200 the magic number? OP, you don't need to spend $200 on someone just for the sake of spending money. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards