Nevada-Las Vegas

Hair Extensions?

Is anyone using clip in hair extensions, or have used them? I have some really nice ones, but am almost completely helpless when it comes to using them myself. I have long but thinner hair, and I want it to look really full for my wedding, as I'm wearing it down. I would think that given it's Vegas that the hair stylist would know how to use them so they aren't noticeable, right? 

Re: Hair Extensions?

• I used them and you couldn't tell at all...I loved mine but I did have an up do. I'm almost certain that your hair stylist will know what to do!
  • I had bought a set months and months before my wedding as I was planning on wearing it down with big curls or something and Harmony Medina (my HMUA) assured me that she's very experienced with using them.  But then I went and cut off all my hair two months before the wedding and couldn't use them even if I wanted too.

Clip in extensions are pretty common.  Just  ask your HMUA if they're comfortable with them. :)
  • They should absolutely know how. I'm using clip ins and my stylist didn't even ask anything about my hair when booking the appointment so I'm confident she can work with any type of hair. I have thinner hair too...here's what I've found helps:

Use volumizing mousse
    Blow dry upsidedown and/or with a round brush
    Tease BOTH the hair that the extension will clip on top, AND a little bit of the hair that will lay on top of it. <-- That was the best tip I learned. Teasing the hair on top helps hide the clips in thin hair

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Engaged: June 16, 2011 @ Bellagio fountains
    Ceremony: Planet Hollywood
    Reception: Margaritaville
    May 26, 2013
  • I have long hair already however i want that *volume* and i was thinking of buying extensions for this reason! My stylist says she places them for free i just need to bring them. I think its a great idea...practice at home if you are doing your own hair or just bring them to vegas and your hair stylist will do the magic!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Don't forget to have your extensions cut/coloured so they blend well with your hair. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards