Nevada-Las Vegas

Past Brides Who Used the DDB

I'm dealing with Mike now who is trying to charge me an extra hour because we ran over by like 20 minutes.  The stops were the two we agreed on (and the drive stopped at a gas station without my requesting it).  Has anyone else dealt with this.  I had more than one issue with my DDB but I'll do details in my review.  I'm just curious if he's tried charging a full hour to any other brides because traffic or an extra (un requested) stop?

http://frankenstiensgirl.weebly.com
Photobucket
April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Save The Dates

Re: Past Brides Who Used the DDB

• Haven't used them but I'd personally think it would be correct to charge extra time if traffic caused your requested route to take longer than normal; that's out of their control and they likely schedule the use of the bus per hour so over is over.  I'd expect the contract to specify billing is by the hour.  The unrequested stop is an issue though; what was the explanation of that and how long did it take?

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Good point.  I'll have to look at the contract regarding running over- I can't imagine I'm the only one who's experienced the issue of running over time because of traffic, just curious who else has and how he handled it (in my case very rudely).  Even with no other reservations after us I suppose it makes sense they charge hourly regarless of run over time.

The unrequested stop was at a gas station.  I took the opportunity to use the restroom (as did a few of my guests) it was after our second stop and on the way back to the drop off point.  I should of asked why but I'd been drinking and truthfully was focused more on using the restroom and hurrying up to meet our babysitter at the room on time(and getting the kiddos from my family members who were watching them).  I'd say the stop lasted 10-15min.

The owner did leave a message earlier that he'll have the bus driver call me to discuss the timing/stops etc.  I find it strange because the driver offered me an extra hour after our second stop but I couldn't because we'd planned to meet the sitter.  Maybe I misunderstood.  Regardless, my guests enjoyed themselves.

Please don't misunderstand- I'll pay the extra $150.  I just do not like how I'm being treated.  I asked if he'd check on a build-a-bear teddy that was left on the bus and he acted like I was a huge pain in the ass.  I even offered to pay to have the teddy shipped when he found it- but he was rude and apparently the bear hasn't shown up, much to the dismay of a little one.  Again, I'll buy a new bear and pay for the extra time.  But it all seems very strange to me and is being handled a bit rudely and unprofessionally.

I was also told I'd need to be dropped off at Cesears because of the construction at the quad.  And Mike assured me there was a pedestrian walkway 'straight to the quad'.  Well, there's not but of well, not much I can do- I understand the construction makes it a problem.  However the driver looked at me like I was crazy when I told her our orignial plan was the quad but the reason we were doing the ending point at Cesears was because Mike said that was the only other option.  She dropped us off at Harrhas- right next to the quad.  I ran into a few other snags with the DDB- but like I said my guests enjoyed it and even with these small issues, I'm glad I booked, it was a fun experience for us.

http://frankenstiensgirl.weebly.com
    Photobucket
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Save The Dates
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards