It seems like the only weekend all of our family is going to be able to make a wedding in Vegas before September is June 20-23. Unfortunately that's also the weekend of this:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_Daisy_Carnival
I realized this when I saw that hotel prices were double for that weekend and was wondering what the heck was going on. I'm pretty sure this means:
- Crowds! Rave/dance crowds partying their butts off everywhere (as they should)
- More $$$ for less
After doing some research, it seems like it would be more bang for our buck to stay downtown at the Golden Nugget instead of the Strip. I also don't think it would be pleasant to randomly explore the Strip due to the heat and crowds, especially since my FI's 76-year-old father and 5 and 3-year-old nephews will be with us.
Pros of staying Downtown:
- Cheaper accomodations (like $800 cheaper for the same type of accomodations for the weekend)
- The Golden Nugget has an awesome pool (Shark Tank! I think the nephews would love that)
- Easier to stay out of the heat when going from place to place
- Scale is less overwhelming
Cons of staying Downtown:
- It's not the typical "Vegas" experience and my FI has never been there before
- The cost of transporting 11 people to and from the Strip 1-2 times a day.
Another note: FI and I won't be heavy drinking and clubbing due to the company that's coming along.
Do you think my assessment of the pros and cons are accurate? Are there any I'm missing?
Here's a possible schedule I'm considering if we stay Downtown:
Thursday afternoon - arrive in LV, check in at hotel, go to the marriage license bureau
Thursday night - dinner & late show on the Strip
Friday Morning - relax and wedding prep
Friday Afternoon - get married (probably at the Chapel of the Flowers)!
Friday night - celebration wedding dinner (Bouchon?)
Saturday morning - lounge around in post-wedding bliss cloud
Saturday afternoon - tour of fun, relatively kid-friendly Strip locations in an air-conditioned van/shuttle (Vegas sign, Bellagio fountains, Mirage volcano)?
Saturday evening - chill out and relax
Sunday morning - head home
Nicole & Dinesh
~* June 21, 2013 *~