Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

good photographers? not that pricy

hey girls!
I think Seth and I have found a reception/ceremony place! :)  Edgewood Country Club or Sheraton Station Square.  Anyways, I am wondering if anyone had any suggestions of a good photographer that is not too expensive.  I am thinking around 2000.00 tops. Engagement session would be great too.  We got engaged on Valentine's Day and we still have not gotten engagement photos!
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: good photographers? not that pricy

• Options
    TiffanyS720TiffanyS720 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just booked Amanda Wilson... her website is photosbyaw.com. Our venue recommended her services. We really like her style, she is really easy to talk to, and she is pretty affordable- as far as photographers go. She charges $1650 for the wedding day (getting ready to the very end of the night), an engagement session, and a rock the dress session. We are not doing the rock the dress session so she took off a hundred dollars. She does not offer packages, but charges a la carte for her prints and they are very reasonably priced. We like that we get to choose and pay for only the pictures we want. I recommend looking at her portfolio and blog on her website! Hope this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really liked Amanda Wilson's photos -- but she's booked on my wedding date!  I need to get myself in GEAR for booking a photographer.  I'm missing out on great photography left and right!

Also check out www.hotmetalstudio.com .  Just as I was about to quote their old prices, I looked on the site though and they bumped up to $3K for all day coverage!!!  It was $2K until 6/1.  WHOA!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    shortyhartzshortyhartz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Randi Voss is pretty good.  We ended up going with Weddings by Heather, who is pretty pricey, but that was what we wanted to splurge on.  Randi is pretty good and more reasonably priced and is doing my coworkers wedding this summer.  Good luck!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just booked Caitlin Thomas for June 25th, 2011. She is young, energetic, and so sweet to work with. We haven't met yet (I'm in DC planning a wedding in Pittsburgh) but we e-mail constantly.

For 1800, I am getting an engagement session, 8 hours for the wedding day, a CD of all the pictures so I can make my own prints, and a trash the dress session.

Her website is caitlinthomasphotography.com and she's also on facebook.

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    gatorsjenngatorsjenn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Limelight Images Photography...they work as a couple, take great photos and are VERY affordable!  
    I haven't had my wedding yet, but loved the engagement session photos they did (part of the package).
  • Options
    jlmarks83jlmarks83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We've booked Amber Marie Photography (www.ambermariephoto.com) and I love her!  Our engagement pics are amazing and we're so excited for her to be at our wedding.  She's young, very down to earth, and has an incredible eye for the best pictures!  She's amazing!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm Seriously considering Pittburgh Imagery, I haven't met with them yet, but we chatted via e-mail.  They seem very easy going and prices are resonable, I also like their style of pictures.  We may be getting a video package to with their sister comapny.  Let me know if you have a questions.  Good luck.

JS
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we had james campbell
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I used Randi!  Our pictures turned out really good!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks girls- I will take a look and at some of these vendors:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We're going to have James Campbell.  He did our e session and it was great.  I can't wait to see the wedding pictures.  www.campbelljames.com I think is his website. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards