Wedding Invitations & Paper

Too late for Thank You cards?

Hey girls!
My FI and I are going on our honeymoon the day after the wedding and we will be gone for two weeks. I will be writing and sending out the thank you cards right when we get back. So my question is is this too late? I dont know what the timeline is for these things. So the guests wont actually get the invites until 3 weeks after the wedding, is this okay? Thanks.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
PersonalMilestone

Re: Too late for Thank You cards?

• That's perfectly alright. It's if you never send them that your guests will get miffed. One of my friends got married and she never bothered to send me a thank you card for my gift.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_too-late-for-thank-you-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:463c8091-bba7-455e-a4d4-effaedb17bdcPost:0f8dab5a-3140-444e-8961-f290615fec77">Too late for Thank You cards?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey girls! My FI and I are going on our honeymoon the day after the wedding and we will be gone for two weeks. I will be writing and sending out the thank you cards right when we get back. So my question is is this too late? I dont know what the timeline is for these things. So the guests wont actually get the invites until 3 weeks after the wedding, is this okay? Thanks.
    Posted by rks421[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Most people know you will probably be going on a honeymoon after the wedding and won't be expecting a thank you card right away.  Most of the thank yous I've received were in the 1-3 month time frame after the wedding and I thought that was perfectly fine.

</div>
  • That will be fine. Nobody will expect them immediately.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I think that's a reasonable amount of time. Especially because of your honeymoon, I'm sure your guests will understand. 
    "Anyone can wear a white gown, but only a bride can wear a veil". ~Randy Fenoli Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just make sure you write thank you notes before the wedding for the gifts that arrive before the wedding. Otherwise your timeline is fine.
  • Wonderful! Thanks everyone!! :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    PersonalMilestone
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_too-late-for-thank-you-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:463c8091-bba7-455e-a4d4-effaedb17bdcPost:0f8dab5a-3140-444e-8961-f290615fec77">Too late for Thank You cards?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey girls! My FI and I are going on our honeymoon the day after the wedding and we will be gone for two weeks. I will be writing and sending out the thank you cards right when we get back. So my question is is this too late? I dont know what the timeline is for these things. So the guests wont actually get the invites until 3 weeks after the wedding, is this okay? Thanks.
    Posted by rks421[/QUOTE]
    A couple I work with got married in November. I was unable to attend the wedding but still gave them a gift. I have yet to receive a thank you. I think 2 weeks it perfectly acceptable. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards