Wedding Invitations & Paper

invites to ceremony vs reception

I am having a small intimate family ceremony with only few close family members attending and a larger reception later the same day with the rest of our friends and family invited.

Do I need to send invites to the few people only invited to the ceremony?  I need less than 25 and most invite companies wont let you order less than that and they are really expensive if they do.  I am a DIY(as much as possible) budget bride and I really dont want to have to do 2 seperate invites if I dont have to.  Any thoughts or suggestions?? 

Re: invites to ceremony vs reception

• I would still send invites to those only coming to the ceremony. You could always go to Michaels with a 40% off coupon and get a nice set of 30 invites and run them through your printer.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Make the invitation to the reception.   Then insert a small card to those people who are invited to the ceremony.   Bascially the opposite of what most people do.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_invites-to-ceremony-vs-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:b9aba167-cb75-4786-b601-aa7c4dc1c546Post:62772e94-8824-49c7-90e9-6706a9088aa5">Re: invites to ceremony vs reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]Make the invitation to the reception.   Then insert a small card to those people who are invited to the ceremony.   Bascially the opposite of what most people do.
    Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE]

<div>Yep, this is what I was going to suggest as well.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards