Chit Chat
Options

Bride worrying noone sign up on guestbook yet on knot website big day in 70 days!

Hi is there anything I can do to get guests to R.S.V.P. for my wedding day? I sent out all invite 3 months ago to guests I got many guests looking at my wedding links but no one had sign up yet should I be concern about this or do guests wait for last minute to sign up? I gave the deadline date for June on the web I even ask my wedding planner if the web look ok? should I add any more information to the links? and she says wedding links look great. me a little worry do I need to call every guests to confirm to see if they are coming? this is a lot of works! any tips would be helpful thanks! I need headcounts to order food for guests

Re: Bride worrying noone sign up on guestbook yet on knot website big day in 70 days!

• Options
    In Response to Bride worrying noone sign up on guestbook yet on knot website big day in 70 days!:
    [QUOTE]Hi is there anything I can do to get guests to R.S.V.P. for my wedding day? I sent out all invite 3 months ago to guests I got many guests looking at my wedding links but no one had sign up yet should I be concern about this or do guests wait for last minute to sign up? I gave the deadline date for June on the web I even ask my wedding planner if the web look ok? should I add any more information to the links? and she says wedding links look great. me a little worry do I need to call every guests to confirm to see if they are coming? this is a lot of works! any tips would be helpful thanks! I need headcounts to order food for guests
    Posted by zippylove[/QUOTE]

It's far too early for them to be RSVPing.  You should be sending out invitations right now.  Your RSVP date is still at least a month out!  People will RSVP when it gets close to the RSVP date.

Once the RSVP date passes (and not before), you'll have to call everyone that didn't RSVP and follow up.  You'll probably have a ton of people to call because you sent out invitations ridiculously early, and people have forgotten or misplaced them.  

I hope you aren't relying on an online RSVP only.  That will also discourage people from responding.  
  • Options
    lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2013
    Invites are to go out 6-8 weeks prior (I even think up to 10 if it's an OOT wedding is okay).  Your RSVP date is still a month away and your wedding is still 2.5 months away.  It's no wonder no one has RSVP'd yet. 

On another note I hear the Knot RSVP system is not the best.    Did you have anyone do a test run to see if it was working okay?  I'm not just saying looks okay, actually working when they submit.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    You have a few issues here. As people have alread mentioned you sent out invites way to early and gave 4 months to RSVP. My guess is 1/2 the people lost their invited by now.  Another issue you have is using an online RSVP system, especially TK's. It's glitchy and never works right. You would have been better off sending traditional rsvp cards.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm technologically savvy and I still just hate RSVPing online. It's not an etiquette thing, I just think it's annoying.
  • Options
    Your wedding planner needs the boot.  She didn't catch ANY of the stuff any PPs mentioned?  Yeah, get a new one.
    Where there is love, there is life.-Ghandi
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Bride worrying noone sign up on guestbook yet on knot website big day in 70 days!:[QUOTE]Your wedding planner needs the boot.nbsp; She didn't catch ANY of the stuff any PPs mentioned?nbsp; Yeah, get a new one. Posted by annmarie714[/QUOTE] Ditto. Wtf.

• Options
    Hi everyone thanks for the tips yes I admit I sent out  the post cards invite way too early I will make a excel spreadsheets just in case the Knot guest lists does seem to work ok so far but just in case. most friends are from my work place so it shouldn't be too much trouble  to call if I need to i guess i was worry a little too much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards