Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Wedding ring

He picked out the perfect engagement ring without any assistance from me, but I saw a wedding band that I loved, loved, loved... Is it okay for me to buy my own wedding band?

Re: Wedding ring

• Options
    Of course. There's no law against picking out or paying for your own bands. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    My fiance and I picked out or wedding bands together (we wanted matching ones) so we "bought each others" but realistically it came out of the bank account we share that we pay our bills out of and we used to put our half of the wedding budget into.
  • Options
    we did our bands together. Also I paid a third of my E ring. I see no problems here.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kerbohlkerbohl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I don't see a problem buying your own, but maybe give him a heads up, in case he wants to get a matching wedding ring to yours, and the matching ones to whatever you picked out isn't his style.  It's possible that he wants to get his own unique band (I think this is common), but just in case, it never hurts to tell him before you buy! 

• Options
    We went and looked together, and bought them together.  He picked his ring (after getting my opinion on his selections) and I picked mine after getting his opinion.
  • Options
    Of course you can pick out our own wedding band.  However, I would not come home one with it in your shopping bag.  It think it's something that should be looked at together.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    In Response to Re: Wedding ring:
    [QUOTE]Of course you can pick out our own wedding band.  However, I would not come home one with it in your shopping bag.  It think it's something that should be looked at together.
    Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE]

This. Tell him you found one you loved and go see it.
  • Options
    I agree with others discuss it with him "honey I saw a wedding band I absolutely love, Think we can go together to check it out?". FI and my 4 yr old (at the time) picked out my E-ring. It's simple and small but my son loved the shape of the pretties (the diamonds are all uniform and in a perfect line... So like him). FI bought my wedding ring (E ring will go on my right hand) and took it back as soon as he realiZed its not what I wanted (by description bc I'd never seen it). We went out and he let me pick 3 rings I loved, he made the final say. We then did the same thing for him. 3 he loved, I decided. It was kinda fun!
  • Options
    In Response to Wedding ring:
    [QUOTE]He picked out the perfect engagement ring without any assistance from me, but I saw a wedding band that I loved, loved, loved... Is it okay for me to buy my own wedding band?
    Posted by cjeanmaq[/QUOTE]

Of course.  We each picked out our own wedding bands.  Paid for out of our joint accout.

• Options
    Yes. We each picked out our own.

I was originally given his mothers (to go with the e-ring I have that was hers). I stressed over it for a while because I felt like I was just wearing her rings... last weekend we ended up getting the one I wanted to go with my e-ring and now I feel completely better about it.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards