Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

'Burgh Bride-to-Be

Hi Everyone,

New to the site and blogging in general, so you have been warned :) I'm recently engaged (February) and I've started diving into the plans. I currently live outside of the DC area so I'm planning a little long distance. We have tentatively set a date for September 17, 2011 at the Duquesne chapel. We are down to our final three choices for receptions sites- Duq Powerballroom, River's Club, and LeMont. Any input good/bad would be appreciated!

Look forward to many good chats!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 'Burgh Bride-to-Be

• Options
    jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we got married at the lemont in january, so it's my #1 obviously! :)
    PM me if you have any questions about the venue.

we also considered the rivers club and the power room, but for our own personal reasons we crossed both venues off of our lists.

GL!
  • Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congratulations.

My daughter had her wedding reception at the LeMont this past October.
    We highly recommend the LeMont!
    It's a 5-star restaurant - but surprisingly affordable.

Bill, the Banquet Manager, was wonderful.  The service by the staff was impeccable.  They did all of the set -up for us and it looked amazing!

You can see some photos in my profile photo section.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and Congrats!

I too am a Duq Chapel Bride :)  I don't think you could go wrong with any of the venues. 

Can't wait to hear more about your wedding!

Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats!  You'll find that quite a few of us Pittsburgh brides are living in the DC/MD area:-)  The ladies on this board are wonderful and so helpful.  I just wanted to say I love both the LeMonte and The River's Club.  My uncle had his reception at the River's Club and it was just gorgeous.
    Good luck plannin!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm also a burgh bride living outside of DC.  I would recommend the LeMont...as mentioned before it's surprisingly affordable and you can't possibly get a better view.  Unfortunately we had to scratch it off our list due to size.  Good luck!
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No advice on those venues here but I just wanted to say congratulations and welcome! I can't wait to hear more about the wedding!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello and welcome! Where are you in the DC area? DH and I have lived in Alexandria for going on 2 years now and love it! I too planned from a distance- it has its challenges, but if you use your trips back wisely and are organized, it'll be fine. No input on the venues, but good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Our date is September 17 as well! I looked into the Powerball room, it was absolutely wonderful, just on the high end of budget and we wanted a better location (even though thats a wonderful location as well).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jenice95jenice95 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for the warm welcome and recommendations... it is definately a tough decision as they are all nice and have their pros and cons.

Kim- I live in Maryland in the Rockville/Gaithersburg area. It's not so bad when you get used to the traffic :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    curlz1226curlz1226 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello and welcome! All those venues are beautiful :) I agree that you can't go wrong. I'm a Duq Chapel bride, too and will be there the weekend before you! 
  • Options
    shortyhartzshortyhartz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and good luck on the venue hunt!  I really wanted a pretty view at our reception site, and we looked at places with the rolling green grass views (country clubs) and at city view locations, including the LeMont.  We ended up at The Club at Shadow Lakes, because it has a beautiful all window wall with a view of the golf course.  I really love the view from the LeMont, and was also surprised that it's pretty reasonable in it's prices.  However, we did not pick it because:
    -$5/car for parking (paid by you)
    -not wheelchair accessible

Also, I was shocked to see that there were water stains on the ceiling and a cheap partition wall in the back hiding the makeshift closet where they store the chairs and tables.  This may not bother you, and honestly, how many people look at the ceiling? But, it bothered me.  You may be able to find a way to block or cover the wall, but I didn't expect to see those things at a place like the LeMont.  Ultimately I'd say you really have to see the places in person before you decide.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards