Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Has anyone blocked a # from their cell phone?

Yep, MIL is still at it. I figured out how to actually block a phone number with verizon, but does anyone know what happens to the sender (MIL)?

Will her calls/texts just go to some void so that she won't realize it? Will she get a disconnected message or a bounced text? I'm thinking that if she gets a bounce, she'll have a fit, and I'm trying to figure out if it's easer to block her and then deal with that, or just continue to ignore the voicemails/texts.

And in case you are nebbie knotties (like I am), and want to know what she said, I got a fabulous text a few minutes ago telling me how "disturbing" she still finds it that we don't go to church (I don't care what she thinks - next topic please!), it's only an hour a week, etc. She then signed it "Luv ya! MOM" It's the Luv ya part that just sent me over the edge. The woman actuallly still refers to me as "that cold-hearted b!tch" behind my back. And she is not, nor will she ever be considered, my mom.

Re: Has anyone blocked a # from their cell phone?

• Options
    Er/jerEr/jer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd say block her and screw the consequences.  B will probably have to hear it, but she's his mom, so he can deal with her.  You don't need to deal with kind of sh!t.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, no advice, but I hope for your sake that you can block her without her realizing it!
  • Options
    New_to_PGHNew_to_PGH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only semi-credible answers I found on google are from chacha, which says that if she calls, she'll get a busy signal. It didn't say anything about texts. I think she's going to figure it out pretty quickly and switch to using SIL's phone or her husbands, but I really don't think I care anymore. She's such a nut. I have NEVER in 6 years received a pleasant call, voicemail, or text from her, so I don't think I'll be missing out on anything.
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, I'm no help, but I think no matter what you find out about texts and such, you are in your right to block her!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    New_to_PGHNew_to_PGH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Found the answer in the verizon forums finally. In case anyone's interested,  the official answer from VZW about what the person hears when calling a number that has blocked them is this: Welcome to Verizon Wireless. The number you are trying to reach has calling restrictions which has prevented the completion of your call.

she is SO going to know, ha!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards