Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Wedding gift question

One of our GMs, who is a close friend of ours (obviously) is getting married this weekend.  I have attended very few weddings, and am not quite sure about the etiquette, gift-wise.  We are planning on giving them cash for a wedding gift, but I'm not sure how much is appropriate.  I wasn't invited to the bridal shower, so didn't give them a gift then.  I'm thinking like $200, but I really have no clue.  Suggestions are appreciated!!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Wedding gift question

• Options
    jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'd say our friends gave us $75-125. that seemed reasonable to us.
  • Options
    Ash2985Ash2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That makes me feel better, thank you.  FI originally said $100 but I didn't think that was really enough.  Of course I've read ten billion different things about what's appropriate, so I just wondered what people around here thought.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that whatever you can afford is appropriate. We didn't expect a certain amount and actually were really surprised at how generous people were considering the cost of traveling OOT for the wedding.

That being said, $100/couple was popular from friends and it sort of went up from there depending on how close we are and how well off they are financially.

Vacation

• Options
    edited December 2011

I find that generally if it's a good friend $100 from a couple is about right.  If they are close family members I'd say it would be more $150-$200.  Just my opinion!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would agree that $100 would be generous and appreciated!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards