• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
May 2011 Weddings

"Secret's in the sauce"

I took a page from Aggie's book and started the day with a movie quote.
I'll give a gold star to the first person who can name the movie without looking it up! 

What do you all have in store for today?

I work 8-4. Hopefully it's a good day. After work I have to go grocery shopping. I really hate going to the grocery store. Blagh.

Degrea - Are you getting excited for your vacation?! I'm jealous! 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my read shelf:
Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: "Secret's in the sauce"

• Ahhh its killing me Jlq I SHOULD know that one.  It will come to me...  I need caffine first.

I work and then I have bible study tonight.  Except this is my late day at work so I am always late :( bahumbug.

And I am giving up caffine for the week since I have had a headache for 2 weeks and am desperately trying to shake it, but I have really enjoyed my chai teas in the morning.  This is rough.  I might give up and today is day 2 .  I need to get some decaff!

boo grocery shopping!  i have come to the realization i hate the list making more than the shopping- unless the shopping is with H, then i really dislike it! lol  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • aggiebugaggiebug member
    5000 Comments Sixth Anniversary
    edited May 2013
    uhhh TK just ate my post. That was rude!   

wait NOW is shows up?  I give up and am going to find some caffine.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • jlq2005jlq2005 member
    2500 Comments Fourth Anniversary
    Well you have until after 4:00 to think of it, because I have to go to work now. booo.

my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • The only thing I can think of is The Little Mermaid. Or Saved by the Bell when they were making that sauce to sell.

Nothing much going on here. I weighed myself this morning and when I first weighed in for DietBet at the beginning of April, I've lost 11 pounds. All I've been doing is eating less, eating better and chasing after Chase. I haven't been able to add in exercise because I doubt he would let me. But still, 11 pounds in 5 weeks isn't too shabby. :)
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • degreadegrea member
    2500 Comments
    Morning! I know this movie too, but can't put my finger on it. Anyhoo, yes JLQ I am getting excited. I will spend some time today making a list of everything I need to pack and spend tonight packing. I just counted and I will be gone for 18 Nights! Crazy!

Kris: That is awesome. Congrats!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • echo136echo136 member
    500 Comments
    awesome job Kris!!!! also I totally love when they make the sauce of Saved by the Bell..amazing show!!

Today is nothing spectacular. I have to bake some muffins because we are out again  - we eat a lot it seems. I have a job interview tomorrow so I will be trying to figure out what to wear to that. We will likely also spend time outside again -  I love being able to take ds outside to explore! FUN!!

Happy Wednesday
  • AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2013
    Good job, kris!!

Congrats, Echo!!!  I saw your ticker a few days ago but it was too late to comment on the thread.

I just came back from a beam-raising ceremony.  My research institute is building a new, 8 story, lovely research lab building.  Today they raised the last steel beam.  We got to sign it and watch it be hoisted in to place.  It was pretty cool.  Apparently, it's a steel workers tradition to do this for the last steel beam of any new building.
  • You rock Kris!  Keep it up. 

Good luck at your interview echo! 

Joy that sounds interesting. Yay knew research lab. When is it supposed to be finished?

my caffine hasn't helped with the quote.  
    Fred Rogers
  • echo136echo136 member
    500 Comments
    Thanks Joy and Aggie! I am excited about both!!

That sounds neat joy! I love traditions!
  • Thanks, everyone! :)

I cheated and googled the quote.

Echo, Chase is a lover of the outdoors, too. He cried for 20 minutes last night after we got home and I had no idea why he was. I couldn't figure it out and then finally he pointed at the door and said "outside." And here I thought his tummy hurt or he was hungry or his mouth hurt from teething. Ugh.

Joy, that is awesome. I like that they included you in that.
    Anniversary
  • Is it fried freen tomatoes?

Thursday, May 5th, 2011
    Ask me stuff.
  • Yes, Mono!  I looked it up because I had no idea.  I've never seen the movie so that's why I didn't know.

Aggie - The Institute is a cobbling of several renovations over the years (it first opened in 1809).  They demolished one building to make way for this new, 8-story building.  This displaced a lot of people who worked in the demolished building - my lab being one of them.  They are going to finish floors from the ground up so as the floors are done, people get to move back in.  I dunno what we're floor we're on so I don't know when we get back in!  Hopefully in the next year.  I believe the building is finished finished in Fall 2014.

• degreadegrea member
    2500 Comments
    Fried Green Tomatoes was not what I was thinking. That is neat about the building Joy! Your name will be in that building forever.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • jlq2005jlq2005 member
    2500 Comments Fourth Anniversary
    In Response to Re: "Secret's in the sauce":
    [QUOTE]Is it fried freen tomatoes?
    Posted by Monolayth3[/QUOTE]
    Gold star for you!

Sorry it's so delayed. I work until 4, and when I got home we had no power. I have no idea how long it was out. So we went to dinner then went fishin and when we came home it was back on. 
    my read shelf:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards