Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Babysitters for children of Guests?

We're not planning to invite children to our wedding, but many guests have children ranging from infant to adolescent - are bride and groom supposed to provide childcare or babysitters for those guests?

Re: Babysitters for children of Guests?

• Options
    Not the bride and grooms responsibility. Parents will find their own child care or will decline the invitation.
  • Options
    You can if you want, but it's not necessary. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Um, no.  Typically the parents like to hire their own babysitter that they know and trust, not use a person the bride and groom randomly picked from the classified section.

• Options
    In Response to Re: Babysitters for children of Guests?:
    [QUOTE]Um, no.  Typically the parents like to hire their own babysitter that they know and trust, not use a person the bride and groom randomly picked from the classified section.
    Posted by Maggie0829[/QUOTE]

This 1000%!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    If you want to.  It's not required.
  • Options
    OjitosVerdesOjitosVerdes member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited May 2013
    I agree that it's different if your guests are from OOT. We aren't having children either, but the majority of our guests are traveling, and quite a few are actually making a vacation out of it.  Knowing that, we are working with our venue to provide guests a list of Red Cross/CPR certified babysitters that the resort has a relationshp with and has used before, that way those who are traveling with children have that option. If your guests are from in town, however, they would typically arrange their own sitters. 
  • Options
    For what it's worth, I'm hiring one. I'm unsing a governess in training from the nanny school I went to. While it's not necessary, if you are having a boat load of kids at the reception like I am (I think I counted 35 under 15) it wont hurt anything and is a nice thing to do.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards