October 2013 Weddings

Will the children in your wedding party actually make it down the aisle?

I'm not 100% sure about ours, and it doesn't really matter to me. Some will be 2, 3 or 4, and one flower girl will be about 8. I'm thinking that only the 8 year old flower girl will actually make it from point A to point B without a meltdown. The others I wanted to include no matter what, and if they make it - awesome. If not, at least they tried. Fortunately, one parent is in the bridal party/groomsmen for the younger children, so maybe that will help? (One said that if she is at the front with a cookie that her daughter will walk to it, no matter what. I thought that was funny!)

Anyone else? Did anyone not choose a small child because of this reason? Thoughts?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
image95 No
image0 Unknown

Re: Will the children in your wedding party actually make it down the aisle?

• My ring bearer will be 2.5 and both of his parents are in the wedding party so we should be good there. My flower girl (my neice) will only be 1.5 and is questionable, but my SIL will be the last BM to walk and I am planning on having her walk with FG.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    We chose our nieces and nephews to be FGs and RBs.  Age didn't really factor into the decision.  My niece and nephew are going to be 8 and 10.  FI's are going to be 3 and 1.  I enjoyed asking the florist for a baby bout for the 1 year old.  It will be cute no matter what!

• FI was in a wedding when he was 3. Apparently, he either stopped in the middle of the aisle and screamed or cried the entire time. Either way, it's funny to think about.

That will totally be one of the kids in our wedding. Just cause I think it's funny, karma will come back to me.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• The cuteness factor is definitely more important than our ring nearers making it down the isle! I don't know whether they will make it or not, but cute hilarity ensued the last time our elder ringbearer walked the isle at his parents' wedding. So either way, great memories. :)
  • hardlyhannahhardlyhannah member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2013
    like this: www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcP4alSz2zA 
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

• Our ring bearer ( and my FSS) is 6 so I don't think he will have a problem. Our flower girls will be 7 and three. The 7 year old shouldn't have a problem. The three year old is my niece and her mom will be in the wedding party ( as well as my brother being in the front row) so if she races down and then clings to mommy or daddy I am fine with that. 
  • Stina51286Stina51286 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2013
    My sister's husband had to entice my nephew with candy to get him to walk all the way down. Then once the ceremony started, in order for him to stand still, someone had to hand him candy. He was 2, almost three.

• what happened snippet?
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

• that's a bummer, it will work out though!
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

• Our FG will be 9 and one of our RBs will be 8. I'm not worried about them. The other RB, my nephew, will be just shy of 2.5 years old -- about 28 months. I'm less confident in him. But his mom (my SIL) is a BM, and his dad (my brother) is an usher/musician, so I think if we tell him, 'Walk to Mommy!,' he'll be OK. And he's too cute and too precious to me not to have include him.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards