Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Singing during Ceremony

I am considering having my sister sing during the ceremony.  Any thoughts on at what point this should be done?

Thanks!

Re: Singing during Ceremony

• Options

If you are having a church wedding, you first need to check with your church minister and/or organist.  Many churches have restrictions on what kind of music can be played.  You need to know this before you go getting your heart set on a specific song.

Then you need to determine if you want something traditional, religious, or more contemporary. 

Because they will need to rehearse in advance, it would probably make sense to get your sister and the organist or ceremony musician together to come up with something appropriate that they both can learn easily or already do well.  Your musician will probably be your best source of information and suggestions.

If you still need suggestions, for more traditional songs that lean towards religious, you might consider:

"The Prayer"
    "You Raise me up"
    "Ave Maria"
    "Panis Angelicus"
    "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring"
    "Joyful, Joyful"

• Options
    ive sang at a few weddings myself and it seems very popular to sing during the lighting of the candle a few more songs that are pretty popular are

"valentine"
    "the lords prayer"
    "at last"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards