Chit Chat
Options

For the WoW Players- Wedding Murlocs- PIP

Last May my FI and I were invited to and attended a wedding for two friends who also happen to play WoW; The Groom is our guild leader and the Bride was our Main Tank!  As part of their wedding gift, my Mom and I made Bride and Groom Murlocs for them.

Enjoy!

2012-05-21 21-39-41 452

2012-05-25 19-27-19 294

2012-05-25 08-42-09 737

2012-05-25 08-41-15 451

2012-05-25 08-43-20 308

2012-05-25 08-43-51 582

2012-05-22 07-58-48 461

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

Re: For the WoW Players- Wedding Murlocs- PIP

• Options
    FI & I used to play WOW, those are so cute!!!!

Anniversary

• Options
    LOVE!!!!!!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    So cute! That was a great idea!

• Options
    i very much love these!!!! Very very clever. I would totally be super thrilled and impressed to get these!!!

I made this guy a few years ago, I got one of the recording devices from build a bear and recorded murky's "gurgle"

and this was for a friend's bday.

image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    OMG!!!  Those are soooo cute!!!  I play WoW, I made a Panda because I love Pandas!  But, I wish I could be a Murloc!!! Mrglrglrglrglrgl!!!
  • Options
    Heehee, I love WoW weddings! Except when they are held on pvp servers. Baaad idea..
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    Thanks guys!

@Muppetfan- love your Murky plushie and cake!!!

@HappyPanda85- I used to play WoW until last December, I have an NE Hunter and FI and I used to be in a raiding guild.  But in December I started to get really busy with painting commissions for another hobby, miniature war gaming, so I had to give WoW up :/

The painting is paying for my wedding dress and my photographer so far!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    Can you share a photo of the paintings?

image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    MuppetFanMuppetFan member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2013
    you could totally sell these murlocs all done up too. I would've probably paid  $75-$100 for the set.

image   imageimage

• Options
    I showed this to my bf who plays WoW he's currently on a WoW tangent....... I didn't know what WoW was until I met him so I'm really behind the times. You did a good job too! I love crafty people!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    Those are adorable.  What do all you WoW playing ladies play?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have one of almost every class. My main is a human lock though.

Anniversary

• Options
    I have a warlock and 2 hunters. I don't play the warlock anymore; she was my first toon. I leveled a Panda hunter for Alliance when Mists of Pandaria came out and now I'm leveling a Blood Elf hunter on the Horde side. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    MuppetFan said:

Can you share a photo of the paintings?

Sure! I'm out right now, but once I get home tonight I will post some examples of wha I paint. Right now I'm working on a big LotR figure commission.

Ty. For all the feedback, we loved making them. But unlike Muppet we didn't make the actual plushies, those came from the Blizzard store, lol.

• Options
    cmsciulli said:

But unlike Muppet we didn't make the actual plushies, those came from the Blizzard store, lol.
    Still cool. Even my husband thought so!
  • Options
    LOVE!! I've been hinting at H for years that I want a little murloc plushy :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    Pele, I'm jealous.  I only started playing last year but that is my eventual goal.  Although my sister and FI both hate their rogues so that's turning me off of that a bit.

My main is a night elf druid but I have a gnome warlock most of the way through Northrend that I'm enjoying a lot.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Pele, I'm jealous.  I only started playing last year but that is my eventual goal.  Although my sister and FI both hate their rogues so that's turning me off of that a bit.

My main is a night elf druid but I have a gnome warlock most of the way through Northrend that I'm enjoying a lot.
    lol, don't be jealous.  I lost 3 solid years of my life to that game when I got into a really elite end-game guild.  It was amaaaaazing to get into the huge raids, but it's a serious time commitment (at least 10 hours a day).

Anniversary

• Options
    edited May 2013
    @Muppetfan Here are some pics of figures I paint as commissions. . . they are 25mm-28mm:

• Options
    Those are awesome!!!

Anniversary

• Options
    Really cool!!! I thought people enjoyed painting theirs, I didn't realize there was money in it.

I only made my Murky because at the time, I couldn't afford to buy a real one.

Oh I also make art out of beads and I did this one for my friend of his WOW character for xmas
    one year. It's actually a reversed image, you melt the back to fuse it together and then turn it over but I don't have a photo of the finished.

image   imageimage

• Options
    I dabble a bit with sketching.  I'll have to upload a pic of my worgen tomorrow when I get to my other computer.

Anniversary

• Options
    Ooooh, the bead art is really cool. . . that takes patience!

@Peledreamsofrain- Yes pls, let's see!

• Options
    I had a Dranei hunter and a Worgen Mage that I both enjoyed playing a lot, but when the latest upgrade went through, it became too much for poor old PC, so we haven't played in 4 or 5 months. A new computer is on our list, but after a new dryer, bed, and second car, so it likely won't happen until the fall. :( I miss WoWing.
    I had to upgrade for Cata, so I should be good for a few exp now.  Once I get through this painting queue and the wedding I'd like to play again.

• Options

lol, don't be jealous.  I lost 3 solid years of my life to that game when I got into a really elite end-game guild.  It was amaaaaazing to get into the huge raids, but it's a serious time commitment (at least 10 hours a day).
    My sister was the flag carrier in Warsong Gulch for the top twink guild on her server for years, so I've definitely seen how the game can be a time suck!  Although she was really young at the time (her guild master nearly had a heart attack when he found out his flag carrier was a 13 year old girl), so she had more free time.

I feel you guys on the slow computers.  I play on a 3 year old laptop that is not good for gaming because my FI & sister told me I wouldn't need it for anything fancy since I didn't play WoW at the time.  Turned out it wasn't a great idea when the first week of Pandaria nearly killed my computer.

And  have to say, I'm impressed with the number of WoW players on here!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    staar987staar987 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2013

@cmsciulli - Those are so cool!

My current main is a Tauren Druid. I used to play a Human Warlock on a PVE server. I realized I liked PVP so much better and I'm too cheap to pay for a server transfer so druid it is. H used to be in an elite raiding guild on the PVE server, but he doesn't want to deal with the time suck anymore. I keep him busy with arena matches!

We have to upgrade our video cards every 3 to 4 years to keep up but we are both computer scientists, so we like to keep our computers fast.

• Options
    Pele - must see. I love geekcraft. I want to see everyone's.

Yes, bead work takes patience. I did Jesus (as a special request) and Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow...those were a lot of work.

Yeah, I can't play on my computer, way too slow. I wouldn't be able to raid or instance on it. My next personal comp will prob be an ipad so...my wow days might be done..sadly. I make stuff instead now.
    image   imageimage

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Post removed due to GBCK

Anniversary

• Options
    Nice job!  She looks great :-)

• Options
    @Peledreamsofrain That is so cool! She looks awesome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards