October 2013 Weddings

Cheapest place to buy flip flops?

We are planning on doing a basket of flip flops near the dance floor for the ladies.  Where do you think the cheapest place to get flip flops is?  I know Old Navy does a $1 sale every year but I have no idea when that is.

Re: Cheapest place to buy flip flops?

• Oriental Trading might have them, and what about Dollar Tree?
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• hardlyhannahhardlyhannah member
    500 Comments 100 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited May 2013
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

• Ro041Ro041 member
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    Last year's sale at Old Navy was on June 30.  There is no word if they are doing it again, but I imagine it would be around the same time.  How many pairs are you planning to buy?

• @Rochelle, I have no idea how many we should buy.  What do you girls think?  The guest list will hopefully end up with 250 coming, depending on the decline rate.
  • We are planning on doing a basket of flip flops near the dance floor for the ladies.  Where do you think the cheapest place to get flip flops is?  I know Old Navy does a $1 sale every year but I have no idea when that is.
    If you want, I can talk to my FH and ask to see if they are even having the sale this year. They upp'd the prices on their flippy-floppies this year and I got to hear all about it. *eye roll*
  • @lplions, that would be awesome.  I could go dollar tree route, but wasn't sure if certain stores are better than others.
  • I saw some at my local dollar store the other week.  Also, if it's not a beach theme, I don't know if this is something you need to worry about. I understand your theory, but at a formal event, I know to wear shoes that will fit and don't take them off to dance.  Just saying - it would save you money and there won't be women running around in flip flops. 

For a ceremony on the beach? Sure. A formal event? Eh. It sort of reminds of girls at Sweet 16s wearing white socks.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• @Sew, I guess I was thinking the flip flops were better than women going barefoot, since that ends up being pretty common at weddings I've been too.  I wear heels all the time so I can go the entire night with them on including dancing, but I know some women can't.
  • Then go for it! But be prepared for lots and lots of women in flip flops! :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Or wait until summer's over and get them all on super clearance! You could probably get them for less than a dollar then.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

• I got mine already.  I am a planners so I got them around christmas time.  I think I got more than I need but I can always sell them after is I have to.  I think flip flops are a great idea.  I hate dancing in my bare feet (which is kinda gross) and my feet kill from dancing in my heels all night.  I usually bring along my own pair of flops.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • edited May 2013
    June 29 ONLY is Old Navy's $1 flip flop sale. Doncha love knowing someone on the inside? I know I do.... :-D

ETA: sounds like the ON sale is the last Saturday in June every year. Clever people, putting it right before July 4th...
  • Glad I opened this thread, I wanted to grab some at the ON sale this year too. I was at a wedding this past weekend and there was some SERIOUS dancing going on. At least half of the women had their shoes off toward the end of the night, myself included. I was wishing for flip flops so that secured the idea that I would have a basket of them. I would rather have a lot of women in flip flops than people not dancing because their feet hurt, or cutting their foot if someone drops a drink on the dance floor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards