Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

**Kwynn**

I forgot to post this yesterday, but I wanted to wish you a Happy First Anniversary!! Did you and DH do anything special?

Re: **Kwynn**

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I just checked out your blog real quick...I hope S is feeling better and you guys were able to do something, or plan a little trip at least. Time really does fly!
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    **butting in**

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!  Getting the cake was very sweet of you :)

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Happy Anniversary!  Very exciting!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw, thanks for remembering!

Kim, S. didn't actually end up giving, but my FIL did. FIL and BIL are actually doing really, really well considering. And S. was able to make it home for the anniversary, so that was good!

We went out to eat and I made him a card and got an ice cream cake. It was fun, actually, even though our timing sorta sucked and DH had so much to do after he got back late on Saturday. He's going back up in less than a week, too, so rough timing with all he had to do.

We didn't really do gifts, but I did buy this marriage journal JennyBee recommended and we plan to fill it out when it gets here. And we hope to do a little weekend trip in a few months, after things maybe calm down with his work and with his family health issues. (I think I've been saying that "things calm down" thing for about two years though, so who knows?) We want to do a Disney weekend, so I am looking forward to that eventually! :)

Your anniversary is almost here, Kim! Any plans?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Oh, I see, I had just skimmed. Well, I'm glad he could be back for it! What is this marriage journal you speak of? It may be something similar to what I want to do- I'm going to buy a scrapbook and do a page for each year we are married with a pic of us from that year, what we did, any big things that happened that year, etc. I have started thinking of something special to do, and I think we're going to do a champagne brunch on the Nina Dandy, the boat line here that sails around Washington. Smile

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Kim, that sounds fun! I LOVE champagne.

The marriage journal is exactly what you are thinking about doing. Jennybee sent me the link, so maybe she will pop in here. Here's the one I ended up getting:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1892953005/ref=oss_product

I know the cover is very retro, but it seems really cute and wasn't a ton of money (I got mine from an Amazon reseller for about $14).

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yea, I've seen those. I thought about buying one, but wasn't sure how much room there is to write in it, so I figured making my own may be best.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards