Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

AW: registry!!!

OMG!!!  People bought things from our registry!!!  I'm so excited! I just had to AW that out... its been too long since I've been an aw.  lol.  There's one thing gone from Target and about 5 things from bb&b! I'm so excited! 

Um... so one of the things that was bought, I'm not sure I even want it anymore... oops. would it be okay to return it? I'm an @sshat.

Re: AW: registry!!!

• Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why wouldn't it be ok to return it? I mean as long as you don't open it in front of the person and then say "Oh thanks but I'm returning this tomorrow" lol
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Its a kitchen thing, so I guess they wouldn't be looking around for it in our house everytime they come over. I did want it, but I ended up registering for the kitchen aid mixer- which pretty much does everything, so I'm now going over my registry.

E- have you two registered yet?

• Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    We have not, however we have spent time on the websites and in the stores of the places that we are pretty sure that we want to register at and made lists and spread sheets.

He wants to register now so he can start watching it. I want to waittill after the holidays are over and never look at it again. I'm not sure who is going to win.
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh- one quick question, when getting every day dished, how many should I register for?  I got 12 of everything... is that too many?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay, Sara!  Exciting!

We only got 8 place settings and I wish we would have registered for a few more. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    No I don't think 12 is too many. I keep thinking that if one breaks or if you have more then so many people over.. I only have 6 place setting right now and it drives me crazy.
    image.
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's exciting!  You can definitely return it, haha.

E, I'm with you- I want to wait until after the holidays to register so we don't have to worry about merchandise turnover.

I don't think 12 is too many for every day dishes.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How exciting!

I'm looking forward to registering! Hopefuly after the holidays :)

Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011

Actually registering was not as much fun as I had imagined... but keeping up with it is fun!

ok- 12 it is!

We did it before the holidays only because people were asking about it so they can just get our Christmas presents off our registry. Which I think is awesome! I even put a few holiday items on my Target one. I'll have to update it after December, but its easier this way then to give everyone lists

• Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    S- I think registering before the holidays is just fine, it was just way to early for FI and I seeing as we are still 10 months away. His brother got married last June and they registered in Dec its was awesome to have the registery to shop off of for holiday gifts. I bet your family loves you guys for it!
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay! I remember how excited i was every single time someone bought something from my registry :p I hated registering and found it to be a huge PITA, but I loved stalking the registry!

We only have 8 place settings and it is perfect for us because we have a small condo. I think anywhere between 8 - 12 place settings is fine depending on your situation/space!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have 169 days to go!!  eek!

I completely agree Jen! I hated registering- but stalking is so fun! And even adding things online is fun! FI just emailed me and told me not to register stalk! I can't help it... I know its kinda cheating and so bad- but yet its so exciting!

invalid wedding AND Christmas
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay! People didn't start buying items off of my registry until right before the shower. I technically only have 2 4-piece place settings, but they can be mixed and matched (coordinating colors, but one is solid and one is a paisley print). I think it just depends on the dishes you choose and how many people you anticipate having over at once.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_aw-registry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:822a3797-0d19-4dea-a6fb-06c5f8c65d77Post:f19b659e-7436-4754-8552-6f1c4093641b">Re: AW: registry!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have 169 days to go!!  eek! I completely agree Jen! I hated registering- but stalking is so fun! And even adding things online is fun! FI just emailed me and told me not to register stalk! I can't help it... I know its kinda cheating and so bad- but yet its so exciting! invalid wedding AND Christmas
    Posted by marburs[/QUOTE]

My DH told me not to registry stalk at first, but after a few weeks he was constantly asking me "what was bought today?". 

I also loved updating my registry online. BB&B made us register for so much crap we didn't want (our sales lady was extremely pushy), so we came home and changed everything online. I would also constantly check the New Items section of their website for anything new that might catch my eye.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards