Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Save the Date Question

I'm in the process of ordering save the dates and have a question about the city to put on them.  Our wedding ceremony is in Sewickley and the reception is in Cranberry.  I'm not sure if I should just use Sewickley or keep it simple and use Pittsburgh.  I am invited a lot of people from out of town so that might be more relevant to them. 

Thoughts?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Save the Date Question

• AP910AP910 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I vote Pittsburgh, especially if you have lots of people from OOT. Save the dates should be general, IMO. :)   Where are you getting them from??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    pittsburgh~
  • edited December 2011
    Pittsburgh would be easier for OOT guests.  If you have a website, just put your link on your STD and include the ceremony/reception locations on your website. That's what I did - minimal info on the STD, TONS of info on the website :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    218 invited image 137 accepted image 81 declined image 0 haven't said image
    RSVP Date 7/30/2010
  • amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone, Pittsburgh it is. 
    I haven't ordered them yet because I have a little bit of time.  I think I'm going with Vistaprint.  I've heard good reviews and they are reasonably priced. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you done your room blocks yet?  We did this before we sent out STDs so we could include that information.  We did bookmarks, and on the front we said "Pittsburgh, PA" andon the back included more specific information about our two blocked hotels near the reception location.  PIB.

I think you would be perfectly fine with Pittsburgh, as long as anyone you think would reserve rooms early would be sure to ask you where to do it so they don't end up downtown or something.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah our wedding is at the Marriott so we are doing a block of rooms there.  I'm also in the process of finishing a wedding website that we will put on the STD.  I included other nearby hotel information on the website. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards