New Jersey

Over the top and GORGEOUS wedding hall in North or Central Jersey? The BEST one out there!

Hey all,

Just got engaged.  I would love to have my wedding something very similar to the Venetian and Rockleigh Country Club...like the decor, huge dance floor,  amazing food, the ballroom... I don't want to have at the Venetian since my sister is having it there and my cousin is having it at Rockleigh.  I want a hall where everyone is gonna me like WOW and of course the food has to be amazing.  I really dont care about the price because my fiance and I have been saving up like crazy.

Can someone recommend me a few places? in Central or North Jersey?

Also what is your opinion on these place?  What is the best?? (decor, food, etc)

Westmount Country Club
Florentine Gardens
Naninas in the Park in Belleville, NJ
The Palace at Somerset Park: Somerset, Somerset County, Central Jersey
Park Savoy in Florham Park
The Graycliff - Moonachie nj

Re: Over the top and GORGEOUS wedding hall in North or Central Jersey? The BEST one out there!

• Didn't you just post this same question a few days ago?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Our wedding was just at the Florentine Gardens and we loved everything about our venue. The food and service were phenomenal and many of our guests are still raving saying it was the best wedding they have ever been to!
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    Honestly I think you've listed most of the showy places.  I got married at the Palace which is probably the most subdued out of the list... we didn't want it to be too blingy and some were not in our budget.  The food was most important to us and the Palace didn't disappoint. Unlike some of the others, most "upgrades" were included and we could work with the chef to change around the menu.  
    You've got to visit them all and see which feels right to you.  Have fun and good luck!    
  • LJN414LJN414 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Check out The Ashford Estate in Hamilton, NJ. It definitely has the WOW factor in every way...especially the ballroom with its soaring ceiling and glass windows. And our guests (many from Italy on my husband's side) were blown away by the food (we were able to design the entire menu from scratch!). They still rave about it and say it was the most gorgeous wedding they've ever attended. Makes us so happy to hear that! It's not cheap, but worth every penny. The Pleasantdale Chateau is stunning as well. 
  • The Grove! I'm biased bc I am getting married there. I also looked at Venetian, Rockleigh, Westmount, the Palace, Addison Park, Seasons, Florentine Gardens, Skylands Manor, and Crystal Plaza.

I dont know if the Graycliff should be included in that list...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Of the weddings I've attended, I think FG was the best all around.  And beautiful grounds.

Graycliff does a great job, but it's not in a nice area, IMO.

• I would definitely check out Addison Park or The Seasons. I have been to weddings at both and the food is excellent and both have beautiful ballrooms.
  • We had our wedding at the WCC and would highly recommend it.  The food was amazing and our guests really enjoyed themselves.  Check it out in person if you can - their website doesn't do the place justice!  Good luck!
  • ant7514ant7514 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Thank you!! WCC is def on my list!! In fact, I have an apt with them tomorrow! :)
  • Definitely the WCC! I just booked my December 2014 wedding there yesterday and every time I go in I am still in awe of how gorgeous it is! The food is amazing and the decor is so modern and chic!
  • WCC! As I posted already (I think? Not sure if I've seen this post before haha), I was in LOVE with the Venetian for the longest time, but the WCC sold me and I couldn't be any happier with it. To me it was the most similar to everything I loved about the Venetian, BUT I have to say the Rockleigh and the Florentine Gardens were a close second so definitely check them out too!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit Fall.weddings.com
  • I'm getting married at the Park Savoy, so I may be biased, but I definitely think it has a "wow" factor. We almost went with Florentine Gardens, which has beautiful grounds and a gorgeous ballroom. I've heard great things about the food at both venues.

I second the Ashford Estate suggestion...definitely a wow. If price isn't a factor, maybe check out the Pleasantdale Chateau?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards