Wedding Woes
Options

Bras: They scare me, can't work 'em.

Dear Prudence,
I am a female graduating from college with an odd and difficult situation. I have never been comfortable wearing a bra. Whenever I put one on, I become dizzy, light-headed, and nauseated, and the discomfort is so great that I can't even stand being in one for more than 15 minutes. I have tried many expensive bras that promise comfort and have even had multiple fittings done by professionals to make sure I get the right fit but nothing has worked. So far, I have had to resort to wearing camisoles with built-in shelf bras or tops that have some support structure. At college there have always been people who dress far more casually than I do. However, I will be joining the workforce and I realize not wearing a bra is very unprofessional and won't be tolerated at job interviews, let alone real jobs. My "girls" are between a B-cup and C-cup. What should I do?

—Needing Support

Re: Bras: They scare me, can't work 'em.

• Options
    Band aids on the nips and a shelf bra. Or... The genie bra!
  • Options
    kerbohlkerbohl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Is she allergic to something in regular bras?  This person should go see a doctor.  Or a therapist - maybe when she was young she had a traumatic bra experience, hence her discomfort.  As to what a traumatic bra experience might be, I do not know.  

• Options

Duct tape

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Have you tried being fitted by a professional? Maybe you need baby steps here, like a sports bra. It sounds like something about the pressure of bras give you panic attacks. Understanding why they do this to you and rationalizing the reality that bras are OK and aren't going to kill you can go a long way in making them more comfortable. The mind is a very powerful thing.
  • Options
    SBmini said:

Have you tried being fitted by a professional? Maybe you need baby steps here, like a sports bra. It sounds like something about the pressure of bras give you panic attacks. Understanding why they do this to you and rationalizing the reality that bras are OK and aren't going to kill you can go a long way in making them more comfortable. The mind is a very powerful thing.

@auntflo
  • Options

There's always one...

• Options
    @mrs.conn23 - it sounds like you are suffering from sensory processing disorder. 

if you cannot get treatment that will allow you to comfortably wear a bra, then I would recommend that you look into careers as a topless dancer or cocktail waitress, where going braless would be more than acceptable. 
  • Options
    AuntFloAuntFlo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Sweet.  2 in one day?  Possibly more?!  Merry Christmas to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards