North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

High Cotton Issues: Need advice!!

Hey all, so my wedding was 5/20/13 (yay!!) in Nags Head. Reception was back at the event home and we used High Cotton for catering. We had issue after issue with them and I'm wondering what exactly they did and didn't do for you.

First off, we had full-service catering which I was under the impression for 50 guests you would have 2 servers who just scooped the food onto peoples' plates. Instead, our "server" (only 1) looked about 14 and didn't do that. Did they do that for you if you had full service? And how many "servers" did you have if you had 50 people?

Next, we asked for fruit and veggie trays, just light foods for cocktail hour. They were never served, which I did not find out until a few days after the wedding! So of course I'm annoyed and honestly kind of embarrassed that my guests were sitting there with nothing to snack on.

Next issue: We asked for 2 vegetarian meals for our 2 vegetarian guests which Lori who handles the catering assured me was not a problem. She said they usually just do grilled veggies and rice and beans. Well guess what? No vegetarian meals were ever brought either. Again, just embarrassing to me.

Next, the bartender did not even know how to make a malibu bay breeze (pineapple juice, coconut rum and cranberry juice) and made a comment about how she did not even know she was bartending until the day of my wedding. We've been in contact with High Cotton since August!!

Last, we went into the fridge the day after the wedding and found an entire tray of corn bread that was never put out at the reception. Of course I didn't notice at the time. But, with all of these little things it adds up and makes you feel like someone dropped the ball.

I had read such great reviews here and on weddingwire.com and was so confident things would be great and I am just so disappointed. It was my special day and it just felt "forgotten" =(

Anyway, if you all could let me know what exactly YOU got with full service catering, I would appreciate it. Lori seems to be saying to my Mom that the servers are just there to clean up and answer questions. (Kind of dumb, if you ask me) She offered to refund $100.

Overall, I honestly feel like my wedding was forgot about and that's why all these details were missing. No food for cocktail hour, no vegetarian meals, bartender (or supposed bartender) didn't know what she was doing and no cornbread.

Thanks for any feedback you guys can give.

Maura
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards