Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

AW: Lots of Big Checks in the Past Week (kinda long)

Biggest one - finally just told my parents that I really wanted Joanna Fassinger as my photographer.  They said okay - that I have to be the one happy with my pictures.  I am ready to mail her contract back tomorrow!  Yay!!!

Second biggest  and easiest decision of the whole planning process - we booked our honeymoon at the Gran Bahia Principe Ambar Resort in P*nta Cana, Dominican Republic.  I wanted Caribbean (white sand, blue water), all-inclusive and clean, with good reviews.  FI wanted somewhere that nobody we know well had been so we could be the ones to tell stories.  Our awesome travel agent, Erin at AAA in the North Hills (DIL of my parents' neighbor), suggested PC.  She had been there, but nobody else we know has.  Perfect.  CAN. NOT. WAIT!

Other stuff: 
*My priest announced to the whole congregation that he is officially postponing his retirement date for one month so that he can perform our wedding.  How indebted to him am I?!  That was so wonderful of him!
*Iridescent paper and envelopes I ordered for the invites came in, and my mom dropped them off at the printer today so we should have our invites back next week.
*While I wasn't thrilled with our cake tasting, I finally decided this is one thing I really didn't need to stress over (since we'll have a giant cookie table too).  Skipped the filling, which we hated, and went with white almond cake with buttercream icing that will have purple and ivory icing flowers cascading down the side.
*Chose linens in our colors and finalized details with the event coordinator (Stacy, who's also awesome) at The Chadwick.
*Showed Stacy my idea to wrap vellum printed with our moonlight on the ocean picture around the glass vases they have and put a candle inside.  She did me one better - they have those LED bases so light will shine up from the bottom through marbles in the vase, which gives the water a ripply look, and she'll put a votive on top of an overturned tumbler to shine through the moon.  If I have the wraps pre-cut, they'll even assemble everything for me.  Soooo cool!
*Received our first wedding gift (our set of luggage) shipped from my godmother who lives in upstate NY and isn't able to come to the shower.  Very exciting!
*Shower thank you notes we ordered arrived.  Gotta get writing one already!
*My mom talked to a limo company (Crystal Limos) that said they'd give us a  discount on 4 hours of service in a 14 passenger white strech limo since it's a Sunday.

It's finally all feeling like it's starting to come together.  Thank you all, again, so much for all of your support over the past few months while I was being a stress-monger/bridezilla!!!  I hope everyone else is having great success with their planning, school, house hunting, etc.! 

Re: AW: Lots of Big Checks in the Past Week (kinda long)

• Options
    missyt180missyt180 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW you have been busy!  Great checks!  And super sweet of your Priest as well!  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay!  I'm soo excited for you and all of our checks! It sounds like it is all really coming together!  Enjoy the time you have before the weddiing!

When is your shower? Did you start your dress fittings yet? 
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks, ladies!

Meg, my family/friend shower is May 15 (with my bachelorette party that night), and my work shower is May 19.  I

Unfortunately, my dress isn't in yet!  They told me no later than the first week of June, and when I asked if they ever come in earlier they said all the time.  I will definitely need alterations as I've lost 10 pounds and a few inches since I ordered it so I hope it comes in soon.  We also ordered the BM dresses to be in by the shower on the 15th, but I haven't heard anything about those yet either.  Not ready to stress over either (yet!), though.

Thanks for asking!  How's your planning and everything coming?

• Options
    kime31kime31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's so exciting!! Yay for all the great checks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that's a lot of checks! I already can't wait to see your pictures. Her photographs are fantastic.
    image.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's great that you have so many things finished!  I bet that feels good! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a lot of good checks! :)

Congrats on booking Joanna - you won't be sorry.  She is such an amazing photographer!  She is also incredibly nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Those are awesome checks- so glad things are coming together for you! How sweet of your priest to postpone his retirement. I can relate, since my pastor is retired and living in Lancaster now, but came back to my church to marry us. And yay for using purple (my fav. color so I'm biased). As you can see in my siggy pic, my cake also had purple flowers cascading down the side- love that look!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good work on all the checks!!!! I am sending you a private message about your HM!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay, congrats on the great checks!  I think you made the right decision for your photographer, too- Joanna's work is awesome and I know you'll cherish your pictures for the rest of your life.  So much exciting stuff happening now!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies!  I am relieved that it's all coming together.  I'm also really excited to work with Joanna.  I'm almost looking forward to my pictures more than the actual wedding (almost)! 

jlbaxter33 - I replied to your PM (finally figured out how to do it!).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards