Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Happy Hour near Harrah's/Mirage (in lieu of rehearsal dinner)

Getting married on 9/28 at the Platinum Hotel. Our wedding will have about 70-80 guests, most of whom have never been to LV before, and many are staying at Harrahs. 

We have a very small wedding party (just a Best Man & MOH), so we really don't see a need for a rehearsal dinner. We've decided to go see Cirque du Soleil LOVE's 9:30 show (for groups of 12+ they give you a 25% discount and waive the $11/ticket booking fee!) but are looking to do something before that. 
We'd like to have an informal "meet & greet" with guests during Happy Hour somewhere near the Mirage/Harrahs.

Here's my research so far ...
Rhumbar @ Mirage -- VERY convenient for Mirage/Harrahs, but it doesn't have food & might be REALLY hot from 2-6pm

Double Helix @ Palazzo -- a hike from Harrahs (we have grandparents with limited mobility), and while their drink specials are AWESOME, the food is very expensive (a $24 cheese plate? come on.)

Max Brenners/Trevi @ Forum Shops -- probably the frontrunners because Caesars is convenient to both hotels and the menus are extensive ... but they are both pretty deep into the Forum Shops, so they might not be as convenient as those Caesars restaurants closer to the Strip (see below)

Palm/PJ Clarkes/Joes @ Forum Shops -- maybe too fancy? we're looking for a laid-back environment with menus everyone can order from, not a place to shuck oysters ...

I looked at a few other places (Tequila @ Ballys, Carlos & Charlies @ Flamingo) that got terrible reviews ... and a lot of my favorite casual restaurants (KGB, Hash House a go go) don't do Happy Hours.

Any suggestions? Anywhere I don't know about?

Thanks!

Re: Happy Hour near Harrah's/Mirage (in lieu of rehearsal dinner)

• Options
    Margaritaville is on the corner of the Flamingo closest to Harrah's (with the Quad in between) and would be worth calling to check out. If they will make 3rd floor reservations for you the outdoor bar up there would be a nice space. I don't know if they have a happy hour, but meals are mostly in the $12-$18 range, and being the Vegas strip drinks aren't much less than the food regularly, so depending how much you think folks will drink that may or may not be good (FWIW, "off to see the lizard" is their strongest margarita). I'd also look into Harrah's more casual restaurants like Toby Kieths. There is also a Cheesecake Factory in the Forum shops. I think you were looking for more casual, bur since you mentioned places in the Forum shops, I'm not sure on pricing, but Hyde in the bellagio is a lounge from 5-9 as long as no one has bought out the venue. Selling point is it has a fantastic view of the fountains from the back side, a perspective most people don't get to see. I've been for a private corporate event and they did some food, and I got preliminary info on their reception services so I know they have food but I'm not sure if you can order a la carte. Food was pricey but not really any more so than you'd spend at Joe's. Speaking of Joe's, the food is downright amazing. If it's just atmosphere you're worried about see if you can make a reservation in the bar area, which isn't as fancy as their dining room.
  • Options
    Also sorry that was so run on, my paragraph spacing didn't take from mobile :(
  • Options
    mnuppmnupp member
    Name Dropper First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Thanks so much! I've been leaning away from Margaritaville & ILTB just out of a general dislike of Jimmy Buffett & Toby Keith ... but I guess I can put aside musical differences for a cheap, strong margarita! 

Will also look into Hyde because it sounds like a great venue, and I'd love to overlook the fountains, though 5-9 is a bit later than I'd like ... 3-6 or 3-7 would be ideal, so people can get food afterwards wherever they'd like. I don't have a budget to pay for full meals for guests on Friday AND Saturday!
  • Options
    mnuppmnupp member
    Update: I just talked to the planners at Hyde -- to get tables would require a $50pp min (even if guests paid for themselves) and to get a sectioned-off area would be $2,000 minimum. 
    I totally understand why, as that space is at a premium, just wanted to update for anyone else looking at Hyde. 
  • Options
    Hyde also has a $250,000 private vip option if you wanted to get crazy. :-)

http://vegas.eater.com/archives/2013/01/31/hydes-250k-bottle-service.php

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    mnuppmnupp member
    Hahaha that's a little out of my budget, but good to keep in mind in case we win the lottery! ;) Thank VG!
  • Options
    KikiMiraKikiMira member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    So I am in vegas right now and senior frogs in TI has a 3-6 pm happy hour with half price apps. The rockhouse bar in venetian also has a happy hour from open until 7pm everyday. Dont for get there is the tram from ti to the mirage :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mnuppmnupp member
    Thanks!
  • Options
    No problem
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Here are a couple more to look at:
    - Sushisamba at the Palazzo has an awesome happy hour. it's part south american/part Japanese. 
    - The Palms at Caesars.
    - Public House at Venetian
    - or there is grimaldi's at the palazzo that would be fairly cheap for everyone to chip in and get a pizza. 

I personally love Rhumbar, it's a great patio with amazing drinks. 
  • Options
    mnuppmnupp member
    Awesome, thanks! 
    FI hates sushi/seafood so that might cut out the first option, but I'll def check out the rest.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards