Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

under garments and bra cups

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to figure out what to wear under my dress for the next fitting. I was going to have bra cups sewn in  but I'm not sure how much of a fan I am of those.   Any thoughts about the sewn in cups? Thanks!

Re: under garments and bra cups

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought another one of my favorite bras and had it sewn in in its entirety to the dress (FWIW I'm a 34DD and didn';t want to be tugging on my sweetheart neckline all night, and I didn't. The girls satyed put through an entire night of dancing).  For underwear I wore cute blue lacey panties, my dress had so many layers and boning, no need to spanx
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i had cups sewn in, and it worked just fine. between the boning and the corset tie with my dress, i also did not need spanx.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't have sewn in cups- just wore the longline bra I got from David's. This worked out fine for me, but then again, I am not very well endowed. I think it depends on your dress and bust size. I just wore the longline bra and blue "Mrs"  undies (dress was A-line).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not large busted what so ever, so I guess sewn in cups would be my best bet?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't wear a bra and just wore a pair of thongs. I wanted to be comfortable (and I was).

Vacation

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't wear a bra and wore normal undergarments.
    I have relatively small bewbs and like them that way, so I stayed away from cups. They just altered the dress to fit what I have.

You can go braless and cupless if you want!
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will be having cups sewn into my dress and will just wear regular undies underneath, no Spanx or anything.  I have a larger chest and definitely need the support of a bra but I don't want to worry about a strapless or anything, so this works best for me.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had cups sewn in. I also had straps though.

I wore long line Spanx and seamless tan panties from VS because you could see everything through my dress.

Of course, I did not wear this stuff on my wedding night; I changed!
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha Kwynn, you're adorable :)

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm fairly small chested as well and am not wearing a bra or having cups sewn in.  I went to my fitting without one and the lady said it looked fine.  I'm just wearing blue MRS. panties underneath.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    moslimosli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm thinking of having cups sewn in. My dress is completely backless, so its either sew 'em in or let the girls go free!

thanks for the ref, kwynn! I'll hit VS for some knickers that won't be a stop sign
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm not wearing a bra. Haven't shopped for undies yet, but comfort is the key.

Crosswalk
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards