Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Friday/Update :-)

We don't do many morning updates anymore :-( Kinda starting to miss them.... so I thought I would post one :-)

So what is everyone up to lately? Any weekend plans?

imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Friday/Update :-)

• cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yaaay so glad someone else posted one! I feel like a loser always starting them :(

I have a HUGE thesis meeting Monday (asking permission to graduate) so I've been writing reports and preparing my presentation.  It feels like college again and it is not fun. Fingers crossed for Monday...

wedding-wise, FI is here this weekend, and we are printing/cutting ALL our invites...eek! Hopefully we still want to get married after this weekend =P

We're also trying to book the honeymoon in the next week or two, and find a cookie table baker (we didn't think oakmont's cookies were that great, and THEN they raised their prices and wouldnt honor the quote they gave me, so back to the beginning on that).  Any suggestions??

• edited December 2011
    Haha, yeah I always feel bad because I never have time in the mornings to post them anymore, but I really miss getting on here and posting and reading about people's day/week. So I'm glad to help out when I can!

This weekend the FI's brother and sister in law are coming in town to visit Pittsburgh for the first time! I'm really excited and I spent the better part of the week decorating, cleaning, and doing laundry. His brother has a truck, so we are going to try and get a much needed mattress for our guest bedroom this weekend too (we didn't have any way to haul it before and we didn't want to pay for shipping it).

As far as the wedding goes, I feel so behind everyone else. I am just a few months away and I finally am getting the draft of our wedding invite from Cards and Pockets this week (I don't have a way to print or cut, so I'm just having them do it). I really need to write thank you cards for our last shower (a month late), and my FI is working on getting the rehearsal dinner booked. I'm booking the limo today (hopefully, it's been three weeks since I first contacted them and they still need to send me an updated contract).
  • edited December 2011
    Hey ladies!  HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!

This weekend the FI and I will be working on some wedding projects - we're making pinwheel name cards and napkin rings.. yesterday my mom asked how we were progressing with them (we haven't done many), and although we have about 5 months, my mother insists that "time is ticking.. tick tock tick tock".  So hopefully we'll make a dent with those and make my mom happy lol.

On Saturday, my good friend and I are finally using a Groupon for a spa here in DC!  We're getting facials!  I can't wait because this winter weather is making my skin really dry and damaged so hopefully the spa treatment will help!
  • Britt0412Britt0412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @mdphd - check out Moio's in Monroeville. I'm not sure how their prices compare, but they have great cookies and pastries.

Work this week has been kind of stressful, but I'm headed to happy hour tonight with some old co-workers. Can't wait to see them and catch up. Tomorrow morning I'm getting a much-needed massage (a place by my gym has a really great new customer promotion) and then my fiance and I have my company's holiday party that evening. And then we're going to cut down our tree on Sunday. We haven't done one bit of decorating yet, got to get on that!

Not too much in the way of wedding planning. I am finalizing a contract with a videographer this week. I've been kind of slacking lately, but there really hasn't been anything super-urgent. I'm in that in-between phase, I think. I got a ton done right away and I know I'll be really busy a few months from now. But it's nice to take a breather for the moment.
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Britt- thanks!  And enjoy the "breather" time where you don't have to plan... it's nice! I feel like mine is ending.

ginny - it's almost down to 4 months to go!! I can't believe it.
  • edited December 2011
    My life has been chaotic for the last two months.  I resigned from my teaching job in FL, moved back to PA, and started working at King's Jewelry Store in my local mall.  I would much rather be teaching, but finding a job near home is hard.  So I'll be back at the job search next month. 
    WR -I'm working on a preliminary guest list and trying to cut my budget in half.  I'm also looking for reception locations in the Sharon/Hermitage/New Castle area.  I'm hoping to find a space for 130-150 people under $30pp.  There's a few places I'm looking into--I'm picky about our caterers--so that limits the search.
    My Bio
    Derp Engagement Photo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • erbear84erbear84 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay Friday!  

I JUST got offered a long term teaching position in my old school district!  I'll be teaching first grade there for the next four or more monhs.  I'm going to love being able to go to one building consistently (I sub now) and the pay increase will be wonderful!  

I also am going to the Polar Plunge on Sunday morning...I'm not jumping in the river, but a lot of our friends are!

Wedding wise...my goal this weekend WAS to try to finalize a spreadsheet of venue information but with the teaching thing staring me down, I may have to put that off for another week.  I'd ideally like to start visiting places in January!
  • erbear84erbear84 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_fridayupdate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:8a1845d1-8b15-49ce-a61d-63cb7f5ae085Post:a9202866-8f06-4269-bf18-32b3258388d8">Re: Friday/Update :-)</a>:
    [QUOTE]My life has been chaotic for the last two months.  I resigned from my teaching job in FL, moved back to PA, and started working at King's Jewelry Store in my local mall.  I would much rather be teaching, but finding a job near home is hard.  So I'll be back at the job search next month.  WR -I'm working on a preliminary guest list and trying to cut my budget in half.  I'm also looking for reception locations in the Sharon/Hermitage/New Castle area.  I'm hoping to find a space for 130-150 people under $30pp.  There's a few places I'm looking into--I'm picky about our caterers--so that limits the search.
    Posted by milichal[/QUOTE]

<div>Not sure exactly where you live but get on some substitute teaching lists!  I've been working daily since the school year started and just got a long term gig.  If you need some help there, just send me a message or something; I'd be glad to help you out!</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Hey ladies! It's Friday!!! Whooooooo!

This week has been dragging. I really wish it was just Christmas already :) This weekend we're going to three different parties, and finishing up Christmas shopping.

Wedding-wise, I have been in the in-between phase for a while now too. We booked all our vendors within the first few months of being engaged and then I forgot about everything for a while. But now that we're 5 months out I need to do all the annoying little things and start my DIY projects :-/
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards