Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Help Looking for a Wedding Venue under $2000 or help with linens.

I need help we have looked at a ton of places and I am looking for a wedding venue that is under $2000 if the provide the linens and is a little over that is okay with us. We have found some that are cheap but the linens are expensive so if you have linen rental suggestions please le me know..We are looking to get married in November of this year. We are trying to do our wedding in a budget of about $6000. Thank you all for the suggestions..

Re: Help Looking for a Wedding Venue under $2000 or help with linens.

• I forgot to add our guest list is at 250 people.

• Jaronica
    said:
    I need help we have looked at a ton of places and I am looking for a wedding venue that is under $2000 if the provide the linens and is a little over that is okay with us. We have found some that are cheap but the linens are expensive so if you have linen rental suggestions please le me know..We are looking to get married in November of this year. We are trying to do our wedding in a budget of about $6000. Thank you all for the suggestions..
    I'm not sure what going for (formal or casual, dinner, lunch, or brunch) and what you can provide your guests for that amount. The only one that came to mind was The Arboretum. 

You'll have to break some etiquette rules with your budget, but I think it's possible. Just rent a garden at $450 (Basic wedding package) and then so you save on the rent of the tables, etc. rent their restaurant ($300 for 3 hours or $400 for 4 hours). They do have a minimum order of $15 per person ($3750 for you + tax + gratuity). 

Is there any way you can cut the guest list? Even if they do just charge you $15 per plate it's still over your $2,000 budget. 

The only other thing I can suggest is rent the garden and then just pass appetizers around with non-alcoholic drinks.  If you do do something like that then you might get more options.So please post a bit more info.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2013

I think that restaurant only holds 150 max.  That is good to know though--I never even knew you could do that.  And just for clarification, that is the Ft. Worth botanical gardens, not the Dallas Arboretum.

I agree with the PP though that cutting your guest list is the best way to save money.  Also consider an afternoon wedding or limit your alcohol to beer and wine.

There are a lot of threads going right now on budget venues (seems to be a popular topic right now) that have ideas so I would look in some of those as well as our vendor list in the sticky. 

• We looked into purchasing our linens and it actually came out cheaper to do that than renting them. We are going to sell them after the wedding and at least come out even or maybe a little on the discounted side. :) Good luck
  • Be careful with purchasing linens with the intention of selling them later.  YES it can be cheaper in the long run to purchase them, but the classified board (and even our own classified thread) is littered with girls trying to sell custom-ordered tablecloths years after their wedding.
    Anniversary

• Thank you all for the suggestions, our budget for the enitire wedding is more like $6000 we could probably go a littlle over but not to much. I think we are going to go with the midlothian conference center just have to figure out the linen situation they provide linens to rent but they are like 1400 and I am like god bless...I wish I could sew..ha and make my own. I will look in to the gardens since we have not signed a contract yet, but we got to get a move on it, I only have 6 months eek...idk how people can plan weddings in 3 months..
  • Where did you purchase your linens?
  • I ended up finding a girl on TK getting married at the same venue (with the same table package) only a month before me. We met up, exchanged information, and split the cost of the linens. We were even able to sell them back on Craigslist and split the profits, so at the end of the day it was ridiculously affordable, but we were very lucky.
  • We're getting married at rose chapel this weekend. It's has a gorgous ballroom but the chapel is ok. They have us a great deal about $2100 for a Saturday wedding and that included linens. They are off lipscomb and magnolia. Hope this helps
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards