Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Laptop registry

I went to the Windows website with the intent of downloading some updates, and I saw this on the front page....CLICKY.

So now grads are allowed to register for a laptop? I dont really know what to even think about this. Its completely okay to use the money you get as gifts to buy yourself a laptop, but registering for one seems kind of ridiculous to me.

Thoughts?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Laptop registry

• Options
    One word: Consumerism 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Rude. 
  • Options
    Well, you can also register for cars now, so while I think it's horrifying, I am sadly, not surprised.
    Really?! That's ridiculous.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I just don't understand why people can't just use their cash gifts to save up for these things.
  • Options
    It's all just a marketing ploy for businesses. Businesses see big money in registries so of course they think it only makes sense to offer it to consumers. It doesn't matter how outlandish it is as long as the company get's the name out there and makes money from the registry. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Actually you can buy a part for a car - then when it's complete, it's built.

And yes, rude and tacky to say the least....
  • Options
    sxyktn812 said:
    But Addie, I'll keep track, and only get you as much as you get me.  Isn't that how this works? ;) 

Absolutely. Don't let me get more than the lion's share. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    AddieL73 said:
    The whole world is now cashing in on registries. When I find a new teaching job, I'm gonna register at the teacher supply stores I like. I will send you all the links so you can buy me stuff to decorate my new classroom, ok?  

Be sure to put some educational charities on the registry-all those poor kids out there are in need of supplies like laptop computers and video cameras!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards