Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Bridal Shower Invite wording

Hi everyone!

I am not a bride, but am a matron of honor planning a bridal shower for my good friend.

There are two of us in the wedding party, myself and a bridesmaid. The bridesmaid lives out of town and won't be able to attend the shower. I am currently working on invitation wording, and am wondering if I should write "hosted by (my name)" at the bottom. I feel like people should know who is hosting, but I also don't want to come across as narcissistic and like I am glorifying myself. Any hints? It's been a few years since I've been involved in a wedding so I'm pretty clueless.

Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bridal Shower Invite wording

• Options
    manateehuggermanateehugger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2013
    I've never really seen an invitation that specifically lists the hostess on there. It's usually pretty obvious who is hosting because that's who sends the invite and that's who collects RSVP's. Usually the wording is something like: 

Join us for a bridal shower honoring
    Bride
    Date 
    Time 
    at the home of Flamingo (or wherever it's being held) 
    Address

Please RSVP by June 6 to Flamingo at 000-000-0000
    Bride is registered at BBB and Macy's 

• Options
    I think I've seen a host listed on every shower invitation I've received. You can put your name as host if you'd like. 
  • Options
    mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    I think it's assumed who you RSVP to is the host...and you need to list who to RSVP to...problem solved. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards