New Jersey - South

Wedding/Ceremony at Valenzano Winery!

Hello everyone!
My Fiance and I have booked Valenzano winery for our ceremony and reception, September of 2014 (outdoor ceremony) and Anthony and Cleopatra will be catering our event.  I was hoping for any helpful hints that anyone could offer!  We live in central NJ (Princeton area) and are unsure of much in and around the south jersey area such as; good wedding vendors in the area such as DJ or bands, hair and makeup (I will be staying over in a hotel the night before), ceremony ideas (as well as officiants), etc.  If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them!!  

Re: Wedding/Ceremony at Valenzano Winery!

• I just visited there! How do you like Anthony and Cleopatra? I wanted to speak with them because I wasn't crazy about the caterer we spoke to. You don't have to give specifics on pricing, but could you give me a range or what it ended up being? Summit seemed affordable at first, but then it quickly added up.
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2013
    @AdrienneB03 - I just got married at Valenzano last month! I used a different caterer than you but the winery was really amazing. 

Florist - Savannah's Garden - Laura was incredible. I practically booked her on the spot. My cake arrived and was very messed up and Laura made it completely unnoticeable. The flowers were stunning. Absolutely perfect. 

Hotel - Wyndham Mount Laurel - Overall, our stay was ok. The elevators SUCK and the suites are on a separate floor that you need a special key card to access. BUT the discount on the suite and receiving a free shuttle (because we booked so many rooms) outweighed these issues. The rooms were clean and the staff was helpful. We had breakfast the morning after the wedding and everything there was great. 

Our DJ, officiant, and makeup-artist were all from North Jersey (we live in Jersey City) and my hair stylist was from Delaware.

Here's a link to a thread on another board with some pictures from my wedding: http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/975854/i-m-married-pip-heavy/p1

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

• Hi!  We had looked at both Anthony & Cleopatra and Summit catering.  We thought the selection of food and people at A&C we got along much better with and felt they understood our vision a little better.  With Summit we didn't get into pricing details but I believe they were pretty similar as far as their pricing went.  I can look back into the brochures we got if you want more info, we just felt a better connection with one vs. the other and so we went with our gut!  I've heard great things about both though!
  • Thanks so much for all your tips!  I'll look into them!  Hotel ML is the one they suggested, which is still about 25mins away and didn't seem to offer a great deal and their shuttle service would still make us book some sort of bus or large transportation to carry most of our guests.  The hotel offered a breakfast the next morning (forgot the details, however I know it was more than I would have wanted to spend!)  I'll look into the other hotel and think about maybe using some local hair and makeup vendors!
    Thanks for your help!
  • I am using Antony and Cleopatra's for my June 2014 wedding and so far they are wonderful. Anthony worked very hard to get us a package that gave us everything we want in our budget.
    Mr&Mrs 6-6-14
  • MaidofToy said:
    Congrats! Swazzle -Gorgeous pics! Do you know if they do indoor ceremonies there?
    Thank you! Yes, you could have your ceremony inside facing the fireplace. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards