Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

OOT Bag Welcome Letter?

Just realized I still need to write this!  What did you/ will you say in the letter enclosed in your OOT bags?  Anything I'm forgetting?

For now I'm thinking a short one-pager thanking everyone for coming, listing the wedding event times, and describing wedding day shuttle transportation from guests.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
Vacation

Re: OOT Bag Welcome Letter?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea, mine was only 1 page. I just basically thanked everyone for coming, mentioned the snacks in the bags for them to enjoy, and listed wedding info, important contact numbers, and some nearby restaurants, pharmacies, etc. I'd send you a copy, but I don't have it hear at work. HTH though!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am going to try to insert the text here, but it might get crazy! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We know you've come from far and wide
    to share the joy of groom and bride.
    And since you've come from far away,
    we want to thank you on this day.
    So before the vows are through,
    we thought that we would welcome you.
    Enjoy!

Dear Guests,

Steve and I are so happy that you have decided to join us on our wedding weekend. Please let us know if we can help you in any way during your stay.

Here are some details to keep in mind:

Friday

4:00pm-Rehearsal at Heinz Field-West Club Lounge

7:00pm-Rehearsal Dinner at the Spaghetti Warehouse

Saturday

12 noon-Immediate family and bridal party photos at hotel

4:20 or 4:35pm-Shuttles to Heinz Field (as assigned)

5:00pm-Ceremony (We would like to take a photo with our entire extended families following the

ceremony, so enjoy refreshments following and listen to the announcement).

6:00pm-Cocktail Hour

10:30, 10:50, and 11:15pm-Return shuttles to Hampton Inn

Sunday

8:00am and onwards-Breakfast in Hampton Inn lobby with family

Steve and I are both checking in to the hotel on Friday and checking out on Sunday. Please call the front desk to be put through to our rooms, as the room numbers are not currently available. We would like to know what rooms you are in as well.

Also, please contact me (up until noon the day of the wedding) and my groom and maid of honor (up until the start of the ceremony) if you are lost, have car trouble, need to find a place to eat-anything at all! Leave a message if we do not answer, and we will get back to you immediately.

(Bride's name): 412.XXX.XXXX                       

(mother of the bride): 412.XXX.XXXX

(Groom's name): 412.XXX.XXXX                      

(maid of honor): 412.XXX.XXXX

Steve and I love you all and can’t wait to see you!

Love always,

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't remember the exact details but it was similar to what you mentioned - thanking everyone for coming, providing info about the shuttle, etc. I wouldn't make it too long, people ae going to stop reading and start digging into the goodies! Smile

Vacation

• Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all!

Kristen, love the little poem at the top of yours :)

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i did mine in landscape view with the page in 2 columns. i cut them, hole punched the top left corners and fastened them with a blingy fastener of sorts.

the first page was a general welcome.
    the second page was a brief itinerary, phone numbers, etc.
    third page was directions to the venue and also to our house.
    after that i gave suggestions of places to visit while in town with quick descriptions, and then went on to give suggestions of places that the bride & groom like to eat.

doubt anyone had that much time to really tour the town like that, but i had drafted it months before the wedding when i had tons of time on my hands. plus it looked cute! haha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards