Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Bridesmaid gift ideas?

Hi Everyone! I wanted to see if anyone had any good ideas for bridesmaid gifts.  I'd like to get them all the same thing, nothing alcohol related because one is 16, but something that they would really use and appreciate.  Price range is about $50 for each.  Any input is MUCH appreciated...

Thanks!!

Laughing
Summer drinks AND a vacation pic. Myrtle Beach last year.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridesmaid gift ideas?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought my BMs the perfume sampler set from Sephora, which is $50. They get 10 different sample perfumes to try and then bring in a coupon and exhcange it for a full size bottle of their favorite. It was a hit!

I had gotten one myself for Christmas the year before and loved it, so that swayed me in that direction.

ETA: I also gave them a necklace & earring set to wear for the wedding

Vacation

• Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I'm getting my bridesmaid custom tote bags (screen printed with something cute relevant to each of them) that I ordered on Etsy, Indian pashminas in the wedding color family (all different), a bottle of their favorite perfume, and probably some interesting jewelry too (also all different and not required wearing for the wedding day!).

Last time I was a BM, we got matching pearl necklace-and-earring sets, silver J. Crew flip flops for the reception, and mongrammed Eddie Bauer tote bags.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my BMs floral patterned purses from Target, and inside I put silver flipflops from Old Navy (to change into at the reception), a thank you note for being my BM, and jewelry that my MIL made them.
  • Options
    jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i got my BM's:

jewelry (necklace, bracelet & earrings from alienbust.com-super cheap)
    pashmina (amazon.com, also cheap)
    vera bradley cosmetic case (on sale)
    a reusable tote to put everything in.

they also got a bottle of wine, a glass wine topper and a wine glass/goblet-but obvi those are not valid suggestions for you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess I really didn't put too much thought in mine. Don't know if that's a good thing or bad. I only had 2 BM's so I gave them a gift card to a spa. They normally don't go to one so I thought they might enjoy it.
    ME:44 MH:42 DE IVF 2013
    image Matrix image Ollie
  • Options
    asamko1asamko1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys for all of your very helpful input.  I never thought of doing multiple smaller gifts in a cute bag.. I was focused on one really nice gift (which is hard when you want 6 girls to love it equally). 

Also, I did a Bio Page and linked to it in my Siggy, if anyone wants to check it out. I love reading all of yours!
    Summer drinks AND a vacation pic. Myrtle Beach last year.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For the wedding I got each of them a pearl and rhinestone necklace and earrings.  As a thank you for my shower, I got each of them a box of candy, two lilac scented votive candles, and a $25.00 gift card to Amazon.  I was going to add a bottle of wine, but since I'm not sure what they all like to drink, I may add a box of tea instead.  If they're spa people, spa gift cards can be a great gift.  Some of mine were spa people, but not all.  They all love to read/listen to music, though.  You could do something different for each based on what each one likes to do.
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amanda, love the new bio!  That picture of you and your FI is SO cute :)  And you know what- I felt exactly the same way about the Priory, ha!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    JamieK1882JamieK1882 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

For the wedding I am getting mine jewelry (havent picked out yet), but does anyone have ideas for shower gifts??

• Options
    dustbunniedustbunnie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I suggest getting them each a gift certificate for their favorite salon, restaurant, etc. and putting it into a cute envelope or gift box. Not only is it something they'll actually use and enjoy, but it won't collect dust on a shelf or in a jewelry box.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards