Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Rehearsal Dinner alternatives?

Hi All,

FI's parents just offered to pay for the rehearsal dinner, but only have a budget of $500. A sweet as the gesture is, I fear with all the parents, grandparents, siblings and bridal party, we are looking at like 35 people (hey, we come from a divorced and remarried family on both sides), so now i am trying to do an alternative to the dinner...has anyone on here done happy hour of drinks and apps prior to the rehearsal or right after or do you think we could even do a rehearsal lunch? Any ideas or suggestions including places is super appreciated as we have limited finances!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner alternatives?

• Options
    You are looking at about $14/pp, rehearsal lunch could work at a buffet maybe?  What day are you doing it on?  

Fremont Hotel has the Paradise Buffet for fairly cheap, lunch M-F is $7.99, dinners are 13.99 expect for Tuesday and Saturday (19.99).  

We've been a few times, it's not high end food, but it's good and there is lots of it and good variety!  Plus Fremont street is fun to see for visitors and gambling is cheap too!
    We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
  • Options
    Thanks @ktbabe530! Yeah, I looked at the buffet route and thoguht about a rehearsal late lunch or something, but I am still unsure how people will fee with me taking their day and putting something right smack dab in the middle of it...I want people to go with the flow and have like a mini vacay while being in Vegas for our wedding, so  can see them complaining.....I totally appreciate the idea because I didnt hear about tt place!
  • Options
    Do they want you to provide a full dinner that night? Maybe they would be up for an activity instead. You could rent the double decker bus and drive around Vegas, and provide drinks and snacks. Depending on the time you make it, people can go to dinner after maybe? Or people can break for dinner and offer a later bus tour? To rent the bus for two hours is $350.
  • Options
    I have also heard of people going bowling and having pizza for a meet and greet. I just cannot recall where they went and where the bowling alley is located...
  • Options
    Thanks Emilia! I guess I should maybe put feelers out on the activity idea instead- we are doing bachelor and bachelorette on Friday night so I was kinda wanting to do dinner, but maybe doing something instead will be more fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards