Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Happy Tuesday

Good morning ladies, it's another snow day for me here in Frostburg.  I'm starting to get concerned because it's our 6th day and we are now going to school until a week before my wedding.  If this keeps up I'll be going the week of the wedding.  YUCK.  They are calling for another foot here today-how about where everyone else is?
I'm hoping to get some wedding related things done today since I willbe snowed in again, just not sure what.  Hope everyone has a great day!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Happy Tuesday

• Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning!!! They're calling for 12 - 20 here in Philly :(:(:( I'm getting really annoyed with all this snow!!!!!

Heather, that really stinks about all the snow days pushing your school year back!! I hope this snow doesn't keep up all winter!

Another boring day at the office for me... I'm really hoping my boss closes our office tomorrow! My grad class tonight was already cancelled, so everyone is in full blown panic mode in Philly! The snow is supposed to begin here at 4pm today and go until midnight wednesday night...  I'm not a fan of being snowed in alone! FI works tonight (over an hour away) and he probably wont be able to get back to my place so it's looking like it'll just be me and my puppy snowed in tomorrow! I just hope it's not as bad as they are predicting!!

Well I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Good Morning everyone! My bus just up and didn't come this morning. Luckily the next one did- I was worried they canceled service. got paper for our invites last night, sent in the deposit for the photo booth- and already have a potential buyer for all my candy buffet stuff (although you guys get dibs if you want anything). Oh- and my garage door opener broke- lol, good thing I take the bus and we dont need that extra car for a while!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning!  I'm at home today, they have closed the University again.

I'll take all the snow days I can get!  Hopefully I'll be able to finish my errands before the snow comes this afternoon. 

Heather-Boo for extra school days so close to the wedding!

Marbus- Congrats on all of the checks!!!  I'm sure that feels great marking those off your list!

Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Morning!  Not thrilled with the potential for more snow, ugh.  We literally don't have anywhere else to put it in the front of our house.  It is stacked over my head right now.

Heather, DH's school district is already canceled through Wednesday and I really don't think they will go at all this week, which would use up all of their snow days.  Apparently the state of MD can grant a waiver that would allow students to be in school for less than 180 for special circumstances - I guess this happened in 2005 here, so they didn't have to make up those days.  I really think that would happen in his district - they have schools (including half of his, lol) without AC...and it is HOT at the end of June...plus they have to end before summer school starts.  Hope it works out for you though...what a mess!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Morning! Sorry you guys are getting so much snow :(

No one else is in the office yet, I love when it's QUIET!

Vacation

• Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning ladies.  I hope you all stay safe today, sorry the snow is such a pain in the butt.  We're finally getting it here- the storm that's headed your way started here late last night, and it's really coming down now.  I think we're expecting about a foot by tomorrow morning.

Sara, good checks!  You ladies always motivate me to get moving on wedding stuff :)

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning! At home for snow day #2 now...this is craziness! They are calling for 12-20 in. here in the DC area. They are also calling for windy conditions, so I hope we don't lose our power!

Ugh, Heather, I hope it works out that you don't have to teach the week of your wedding!

Yay for your checks, S!

I hope you all stay safe and warm!
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning ladies.

Snow is getting a little annoying. Of course I'm not out in it, so I am sure I would be more annoyed if I were. I do hate that FI can't even leave to go to work until after 1 (and the new round of snow is supposed to start around noon)

Sara- nice job on the checks

I wanted to say thanks again for the tips on the favors yesteday from all of you ladies. I spoke with FI last night about it and he totally agreed! So I am about 95% sure that we are going to skip the favor thing. We decided last night that unless something really blows our minds that we'd rather use the money somwhere else.
    :)
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Sara-glad the next bus came!
    Megan-Yay for snow days!

KR-I doubt we have school the rest of the week either.  We already have 35" of snow here and it started snowing again this morning at 8:30.  I hope they declare state of emergency days don't have to be made up-I can hope!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Elisha- I think thats def a good decision! Noone will miss them. And like someone said yesterday- isn't a free meal and open bar enough. (retorical question. answer- yes! lol).

I keep hearing different forcasts. Like we're only supposed to get 2 inches of snow, but a ton of wind. And then another that its supposed to snow now until tomorrow afternoon for a total of 10 inches.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm on day 2 with no school, and it's snowing again!  I originally wanted my wedding to be June 12, but I already thought it was too close to the end of school.  Now I'm glad we went with July.  We don't have snow days built in - we lose vacation days then they start tacking them on to the end of the year.  What are the chances that PA will grant that less than 180 days dispensation?!  The only wedding related stuff I've gotten taken care of is internet searches for invitations and honeymoon destinations.  Hope everyone stays safe and warm and gets lots of planning done!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi everyone!  I went into work today, classes were cancelled.  I want school and work to be cancelled, but the roads to clea by evening as we are going to look at our favorite (!!) house that we've found so far, plus 5 others.  Today is my 24th bday, so it'll be interesting to see what DH does since it is our first married "holiday."  No one at my office remembered, and there is usually cake and a card on everyone's bday.  Guess that's cause I have 1 foot out the door headed to the new job!  Oh well!
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Happy birthday Bri!!!  Good luck with the house hunting tonight!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards