Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Rehearsal Dinner location?

My future in-laws are hosting a rehearsal dinner in Pgh and asked for some suggestions on places.  As of right now, I have no idea if they intend to invite all out of towners, just bridal party, or what!  The guests and wedding will be at the Omni William Penn downtown, so a rehearsal dinner downtown/in the city/no more than 15 minute drive (most people will have cars) would be ideal.  Any suggestions?  
THANKS!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner location?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We had our at the Spaghetti Warehouse in the strip district and it was really good.  They put us on the side where we were by ourselves.  There were 26 people, the prices are super reasonable, things moved along at a good pace, the food was good.  People seemed to enjoy themselves.  We added beer and wine on to our package and the price was still very reasonable.  We could all hear each other and it was a nice dinner.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    la tavola, on mt washington. it's an amazing italian restaurant that is BYOB. my MIL booked it for our RD after we took them there for dinner one night and she fell in love. i highly recommend it!
  • Options
    missyt180missyt180 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were going to have ours at Primanti Bros. in the Strip, and they are super accomodating.

Due to our wedding being in Market Square and wanting to keep it walkable, we are now doing ours at the Original Oyster House, and are able to do both a rehearsal dinner for 50 guests, and host a welcome reception immediately following the dinner for our remaining 50-70 OOT guests (100-120 total).  The full night will probably cost ~$2000 or less, and they are super awesome to work with.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Capital Grille is about 2 blocks from the Omni William Penn.  But I believe their room only holds about 25 people?  Even though dinner is expensive there, they have different prixe fix menus that are pretty reasonable. 

McCormick and Schmicks is in the same building as Capital Grille.

Bella Sera in Market Square (also walking distance) is really good.

Six Penn, also downtown, has really good food...I don't know what their prices would be like..

And I agree with jerseygirl, La Tavola is so so good!
  • Options
    jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    aha! another la tavola fan!! really truly a fabulous, little known place!!
  • Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I havent had or been to a rehearsal dinner here, but the Church Brew Works is a great place to eat- we went before my graduation with a couple other families.  It has good food, interesting brewed beers, and really cool decor because it used to be a church.  It's only 2 miles or so from downtown.
  • Options
    missyt180missyt180 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Six Penn is $$$ but a great spot.
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Late to this, but we had our rehearsal dinner at the Heinz History Center last week, and it was awesome.  One of my favorite parts of the weekend!  Especially having so many OOT guests, it was a great introduction to Pittsburgh,  and the food from Common Plea catering was delish.  A little pricy, but worth it!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rockefeller's Grille?   Cannot find prices or menu on line but have heard great things about it.  not too pricey and in West End.  Didn't think about Spaghetti Warehouse.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards