Wedding Woes

S/O stealing

VarunaTTVarunaTT member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited June 2013 in Wedding Woes

IDK if I've told this story, but it's slow and a good story. I worked at a music store for my first really favorite job and I busted shoplifters all the time.

The worst though was this guy and his partner (IDK if she was his wife or not). She had a diaper bag and he had a sleeping baby on his shoulder.  They were nice, regulars, always bought one or two things and left.  Baby was always asleep and I remember thinking that was weird and the baby was never getting any older, but I was in my early 20s...WTF did I know about babies?

We knew we were getting ripped off on the regular and we put measures into place to start hiding sensor tags in another manner (we busted lots of people this way).  Well, they finally got busted.  He argued his way out the door and then came back!  and tried argue w/my manager that it was his baby setting off the alarms and some other things, for a good fifteen minutes.  I finally called the cops b/c I was getting worried about the amount of time spent arguing and how animated he was getting.  Plus, we still thought he had lifted product.

I think he knew I called the cops, so he disappeared pretty quickly after that; cops show up.  They knew exactly who he was and flat out told us that if he showed up, let him rip us off and get out.  He carried a gun and they weren't interested in any causalities over CDs.  They also told us the baby?  One of those "real' babies, totally fake.  I was floored.  I mean, that's professional conning right there.

Re: S/O stealing

• You know, when you said the baby never seemed to grow up, I thought maybe they were "borrowing" babies from family members. Like, maybe they had been offering to babysit nieces and nephews and then going "shopping" too. 

I hadn't even considered one of those reborn-dolls or whatever they're called.  Sheesh.

Officially hitched as of 10/25/13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Oh, he never came back.  I should add that.  We found out later (while tracking down another shoplifter who turned out to be the floor polisher guy who was stealing box sets while cleaning the floors when we were all gone and manager was in locked office w/$) that most of the used places in town knew about this particular shoplifter as well.  Some would still buy, others wouldn't.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards