August 2013 Weddings

Lets talk Music.

I am now in the process of figuring out what songs need to be played for what. Heres what I have so far. 

CEREMONY
30 minutes of background music for time when doors open to when ceremony starts: 
Bridal Party Entrance: Vitamin String Quartet ACDC Back In Black
Bride Entrance: Vitamin String Quartet ACDC
Signing of the Registry: 
Recessional: 

RECEPTION
Receiving Line: 
First Dance: Then - Brad Paisley
Wedding Party Dance: Smile - Uncle Kracker
Cake Cutting: Pour Some Sugar On Me - Def Leppard
Father/Daughter & Mother/Groom: 
Last Dance of the Evening: 

What are you using?? Hearing your ideas may help me fill in the banks. Also are you playing music during dinner? If so what are you using? 

Re: Lets talk Music.

• I am having a huge assortment of music being played during cocktail and dinner. its an assortment of what my fiance and I enjoy listening to. some MJ, country, Jill scott, oldies random. haha. 
    What is signing of the registry??
    Recessional- Darius Rucker-  True Believers

didn;t think of a song for receiving line. I will have to add that to my list but that will be done at our ceremony site which is diff from reception locations. 

First Dance- Tim Mcgraw- My best friend
    Father daughter- Tim Mcgraw my little girl. 
    Mother/Groom- Good Charolette Thank you mom
    Last dance- Luther Vandross- Always and forever
    Anniversary

TTC starting 8/2014 :)
    My Ovulation Chart

• We have to keep it fairly traditional for the ceremony (the Catholic church doesn't allow too much by way of musical choices), but FI is excited that we are doing Pachebel's Canon for the bridesmaids' processional. That song cracks him up every time.

First dance - Earth Angel - John Maestro and the Crests

The father/daughter dance I'm letting my dad choose, but I think he may want I Loved Her First. No clue on what FI and his mom will dance to!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• Signing of the registry - this is the part of the ceremony where the Bride and Groom sign the wedding registry.  This is the longest pause in the wedding ceremony which allows for (most often than not) an entire song to be played for the guests. 

Love your last dance selection. 

I heard a good idea from another board, give 2 songs to the DJ to have played randomly throughout the night, these 2 songs should bring you and your husband back to each other on the dance floor no matter where you two were. I thought that was a sweet idea. 
  • @xxstardust We are also having a Catholic ceremony, so our music choices are very limited as well.  We are also using Canon!

We have not figured much out for the reception yet, but here's what we're thinking so far:
    Parent's entrance - ?
    Bridal Party Entrance - Suit & Tie (Justin Timberlake)
    Our Entrance - ?
    First Dance - In My Life (the Beatles)
    Father/Daughter - I'm letting my dad pick and I think we're between Lullabye (Billy Joel) or My Girl (Temptations)
    Mother/Son - ? (I don't think they have even discussed this)
    Cake Cutting - ?
    Last Song - Closing Time (Semisonic)
  • I'm glad to see this thread b/c my FI and I started to work on this last week and we're stuck in a few places.... music is challenging! And it keeps changing every time we hear a new song that "would be perfect"

So far we have: 

Ceremony: 
    Parents entrance: ?
    Bridal Party Entrance: Storybook Love (theme from the Princess Bride)
    Bride Entrance: I Can't Help Falling Love -Elvis (My Dad's favorite song)
    Recessional: Follow that Dream- Elvis (His Dad's favorite song)

Reception: 
    Bridal Party Entrance- Everybody- Backstreet Boys (b/c of a little boy band teenager history I have with my bridesmaids-lol)
    First Dance: My Love is Your Love- Whitney Houston
    Mother/Son Dance: Let it Be- The Beatles (It's up in the air, but it's one of his Mom's favorite songs...)
    Father/Daughter Dance: Walk with you- Edwin McCain. We're then inviting all father's and daughters to join us and we'll lead into My Girl by the Temptations... to get the party started.
    Cake Cutting: ? 
    Last Dance: ? I'm thinking I've Had the Time of My Life, Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes... Just because I've always wanted to do the "jump". :) 

• Here's what we're using:

Processional: Boyce Avenue acoustic version of Katy Perry's Teenage Dream
    Bride's entrance: When I look Into Your Eyes by Firehouse 
    Recessional: Marry You by Bruno Mars (cliche, but fun!)

Parent's Entrance: Ain't That a Kick in the Head by Dean Martin
    Bridal Party Entrance: Power of Love by Huey Lewis and the News
    Our Entrance: Heaven Tonight by Yngwie Malmsteen (not popular, but many of our friends are musicians and will recognize it.  I think it's perfect for an intro!)
    First Dance: By the Way They Dance by Jump Little Children (also not well-known, but it's PERFECT for a first dance)
    Father/Daughter: I Loved Her First by Heatland (a little cliche, but it's too perfect)
    Mother/Son: Have I Told You Lately by Rod Stewart
    Cake Cutting: Lucky by Jazon Mraz and Colby Caillat
    Last Dance: Take Me Home Tonight by Eddie Money or Your Song by Elton John (can't decide!)
  • We are severely slacking when it comes to music. I love Now that I've found you by Dawna Johnson for our first dance, then everything after that is going to be a mix of Haitian, Reggae, and R&B/todays hits type music! We love to dance so that was a huge part of what we wanted and why we decided on a huge dance floor!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I dont ever remember seeing ppl sign a registry thats why i was  wondering what it was
    Anniversary

TTC starting 8/2014 :)
    My Ovulation Chart

• @xxstardust We are also having a Catholic ceremony, so our music choices are very limited as well.  We are also using Canon!

We have not figured much out for the reception yet, but here's what we're thinking so far:
    Parent's entrance - ?
    Bridal Party Entrance - Suit & Tie (Justin Timberlake)
    Our Entrance - ?
    First Dance - In My Life (the Beatles)
    Father/Daughter - I'm letting my dad pick and I think we're between Lullabye (Billy Joel) or My Girl (Temptations)
    Mother/Son - ? (I don't think they have even discussed this)
    Cake Cutting - ?
    Last Song - Closing Time (Semisonic)
    Date twins AND Catholic twins!?

I actually JUST got off the phone with the music coordinator at my church and so we're still just getting started with ceremony music, depending on our final decisions for readings. However, my sister is singing "Household of Faith" immediately after our vows (yes, approved by Church).

Parents Entry: Not sure, but it better be long since we have about 10 parents somehow
    Bridal party: probably "We're having a party"
    First Dance: "You are the best thing"
    F/D: Dad picked "I loved her first"
    M/S: FMIL picked "brown eyed girl" (not really on theme, but she loves it and they'll have a blast)
    Last: The song they played at our favorite bar in college at last call every night, the ever klassy, Family Tradition.

• We haven't thought enough about this... but here's what we have..

Ceremony - our music coordinator is quite an interesting fellow.. so we're sticking to the traditional.

Intros - FI has a slew of WWE wrestling themes he'd like to use.. I still have to hear them.

First dance - Easy or All or Nothing by Theory of a Deadman

Father/Daughter - I Hope you Dance

Mother/Son - ???

Cake cutting - ?

Last song - ?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • nwwoodsybridenwwoodsybride member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2013
    I'm getting closer to narrowing things down. We have our playlist for the whole reception done but waiting for things to just click for below. 
    While people are being seated: Beach House: Zebra, theme from Pride and Prejudice, Sufja Stevens: Vito's ordination song. 
    Processional: Probably something by Sigor Ros.
    Bride's entrance: My Morning Jacket: Bermuda Highway.
    Taking Communion: David Crowder Band: Oh How He Loves Us
    Recessional:  Either The Zombies: This will be our Year or Bright Eyes: First Day of my Life.
    First Dance: Ben Folds: The Luckiest. Except I start crying whenever we play it together. Ha
    Father/Daughter: Not sure.
    Mother/Son: Not sure what they've picked. 
    Other songs we want to dance to: The Sundays: Wild Horses. And Christina Perri: A Thousand Years which is kinda 'our song'.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ceremony:
     30 Minutes of Country love songs
    Parents/Grandparents Entrance: "Mama's Song"-Carrie Underwood
    Bridal Party: "Marry  Me"-Train
    Bride: "God Gave  Me You"-Blake Shelton
    Recessional: "You Are The Best Thing"-Ray LaMontange
    Soloist during Unity Candle: "Bless The Broken Road"-Rascal Flatts
    Reception:
    Bridal Party Entrance: "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" or "Thriller", haven't decided yet
    First Dance: "God Gave Me You"-Blake Shelton
    Father/Daughter: "I Loved Her First"-Heartland
    Mom/Son: haven't decided yet
    Garter: "Let's Get it On"
    Bouquet: "Single Ladies"-Beyonce

• CEREMONY
    30 minutes of background music for time when doors open to when ceremony starts: We aren't doing 30 minutes - but I specifically want By your side by Sade played during this time.
    Bridal Party Entrance: Marry Me - Train
    Bride Entrance: Make you feel my love - Adele
    Signing of the Registry: Not doing this 
    Recessional: If I didn't have you - Thompson Square

RECEPTION
    Reception entrance for bride and groom: And we danced - Macklamore
    First Dance: When you got a good thing - Lady Antebellum
    Wedding Party Dance: we're not doing this
    Cake Cutting: Pour Some Sugar On Me - Def Leppard (same!)
    Father/Daughter & Mother/Groom: I have NO idea!!
    Last Dance of the Evening: One and only - Adele (this one isn't confirmed yet)

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Updates: FI decided on simple man by shinedown for mother/son We're doing honeybee by Blake shelton for cake cutting. Sexy boy wwe Shawn michaels for garter And I think not tonight by lil Kim for bouquet but mostly the chorus!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Totally stealing the Def Leopard idea from you! LOL. 

Ceremony Ideas
    Sigur Ros – Staralfur  (instrumental) pre-ceremony
    Pogues – Love you till the end - When groom walks
    Elvis Presely – Love Me Tender- pre ceremony 
    Death Cab for Cutie – Earth Angel- when bride walks

First dance (Bride and Groom, Groom and MOG, Bride and MOB, Nikki and Helena)
    Spiritualized – Ladies and Gentlemen, We are floating in Space (Elvis Remix) Bride and Groom
    Beachwood Sparks – By Your Side cover (MOG/ FOB)
    Cindy Lauper – Time after Time (Bride and Maid of Honor)
    Hava negila – with chairs 
    Baby Got Back - Groomsman will sing to bridesmaids
  • I have no idea what song to play while I'm walking down the aisle.  It's an outside wedding and just immediate family close friends.  I'm not worried about the "reception" because we're just having a formal dinner at Johnny's steakhouse.  Anybody have any good ideas to walk down the aisle. A friend of mine suggested Canon in D major.
  • Jessica41381Jessica41381 member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    Updates: FI decided on simple man by shinedown for mother/son We're doing honeybee by Blake shelton for cake cutting. Sexy boy wwe Shawn michaels for garter And I think not tonight by lil Kim for bouquet but mostly the chorus!

@ mrsrutkowski, I never knew there were any usable lyrics in lil Kim's not tonight..lol. Maybe I'm missing something but those are certainly not lyrics I would feel comfortable playing around my family..
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards